Windows 7 Error: Error 1603. Error 1310. Error writing to file:

polarizeme

heya.
So my work bought me the Adobe CS4 Master Collection yesterday (I'm a graphic designer and an IT dude) and I simply cannot install it.

the installer will open just fine, but as soon as it starts installing from the DVDs, I get this error:
"Suite Shared Configuration CS4
Error:
Error 1603. Error 1310.Error writing to file: C:\Windows\winsxs\Manifests\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.manifest. Verify that you have access to that directory."

I've tried the following things to no avail:
1) changing the permissions on /Manifests temporarily.
- result: "unable to save permission changes. access is denied."
- side note: the file x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_6b128700.manifest does not exist at all. I'm assuming that CS4 is trying to *create* this file, but cannot due to there being no write permissions for my admin account on this folder.
- another side note: the group/user TrustedInstaller *DOES* have write permission to /Manifests.
2) I've tried making an .iso of the DVDs, copying the files to my C: and running them from there (just for the sake of saying I tried something else) and there was no luck there, either.

help! I totally uninstalled my old version of CS3, and I looked for the installation discs for that at work today with no luck. I've got a ton of work to do and no way to do it. =[

cheers!
- Tristan -

thank you :) you're very welcome! I had exactly the same dilema but it didn't work for me in the end, luckily I had a system restore at a point where adobe cs4 was working perfectly. When trying to set the 'winisxs' folder permissions in Windows 7 the installer then seemed to fail to load past 90%, I have a feeling its a Adobe Flash component problem though.

On a side note regarding CS4, I found the cs4 (4.1?) updates for Encore was a bad choice to use with my setup, this stopped Encore from working properly, I didn't want to mess with the updates for premier and after effects since it was useless for Encore.

so the install worked amazingly. and, holy shit, PS and AI work incredibly fast.
now I'm running into a problem running Dreamweaver. maybe it's a sign to finally make the switch to Eclipse. haha.

thanks again for the heads up on the fix. =]
- Tristan -

here is what worked for me...

here is how I solved the problem....

put a CHECKmark on "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" in the Advanced Security Settings for Config.Msi Properties window.

Back
Top Bottom