Error: "The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted"

marioaraujoxavier

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows Server 2019 as primary controller and a domain called "neopolis.natal". When i want join a Windows 10 in domain, i receive that error message:
"The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted"

I already disable firewall and IPV6.

I attached some pictures of problem.

Someone can help me? :D

Attachments

• dns01.png
    dns01.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 181
  • dns02.png
    dns02.png
    70.9 KB · Views: 181
  • dns03.png
    dns03.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 190
  • dns04.png
    dns04.png
    48 KB · Views: 188
If you don't have WINS you will need to specific the FQDN when joining a device and if it still isn't working I would look at DNS since active directory is heavily reliant on it

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows Server 2019 as primary controller and a domain called "neopolis.natal". When i want join a Windows 10 in domain, i receive that error message:
"The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted"

I already disable firewall and IPV6.

I attached some pictures of problem.

Someone can help me? :D
Hello marioaraujoxavier,

The error generally occurs due to invalid DNS settings on the workstation because Active Directory requires using domain DNS to work correctly. However, the error can also occur if you've configured IPv6 and it's not working.

If you are facing the error message "The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted," It can usually be resolved by changing the DNS settings. You can follow the below-given steps to troubleshoot the issue,

Assign Preferred DNS IP to match the Domain Controller's IP on the Client Workstation:

• Firstly, press the Win logo+ R keys to open the Run dialog.
  • Now, In the Run dialog box, type ncpa.cpl and hit Enter to open Network and Sharing Center.
  • Then, right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.
  • Next, double-click on Internet Protocol TCP/IPv4.
  • Now, modify the Preferred DNS server address to match the Primary Domain Controller's IP address.
  • Lastly, check the Validate settings upon the exit option and click OK to close all windows.

Specify the WINS Server's IP address on the Client server:

• Firstly, open the Network and Sharing Center.
  • Then, right-click on Local Area Connection and select Properties.
  • Nextly, double-click on Internet Protocol TCP/IPv4.
  • Now, click the Advanced button and Click the WINS tab.
  • Then, click Add button.
  • Next, In the WINS server field, type the IP address of the WINS server and click Add.
  • Lastly, click OK on all windows to apply changes and close all windows.

Change SysVolReady registry key value on Domain Controller:

SysVolReady signifies the replication status of the system volume on a domain controller. You can change the value of this entry to 1 via Registry Editor.
  • Firstly, press the Win logo + R keys to open the Run dialog.
  • Now, In the Run dialog box, type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
  • Navigate or copy/paste the path below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters
  • Next, double-click the SysVolReady entry on the right pane to edit its properties.
  • Now, Input 1 in the Value data field.
  • Then, click OK to save the changes and exit Registry Editor.
  • Lastly, reboot the Domain Controller.
Thus, when Domain Controller restarts, you can successfully join the client machine to the domain without any issue.

I hope the above ways help you to fix the Error: "The Specified Domain Either Does Not Exist or Could Not Be Contacted" without any issue.

------------------------
Regards,
Rex M

Back
Top Bottom