Windows 7 Errors in my win 7 Home basic

kunalkakkad

Frndss plz help me....
when i start my lappy den ftr sum couple of minutes 1 small screen gets appeared in which windows installer is written...
it will blink for about 3-4 times nd den it vil disappear......
Again aftr some tym d same procedure gets repeated....
Some times it is showing me d installation of media gallery also.....
and when installation is about to finish den it gives error 2718....
So any1 could resolve my prob plzzzz as soon as possible.....
thnk u....... Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

I was being slightly sarcastic there. But I can't honestly decipher what your problem is. Please try again. Bad English is very acceptable though! If in doubt, use Spell-Check.

Frndss plz help me....
when i start my laptop then after some couple of minutes 1 small screen gets appeared in which windows installer is written...
it will blink for about 3-4 times and then it will disappear......
Again after some time the same procedure gets repeated....
Some times it is showing me the installation of media gallery also.....
and when installation is about to finish then it gives error 2718....
So anyone could resolve my problem plzzzz as soon as possible.....
thank u....... Link Removed - Invalid URLLink Removed - Invalid URL

Got it man?????

Can you hit the print screen key and get a picture of the error message?

Is 2718 the entire error message or is there more of a number?

What I can find with just the number is possibly a problem with the Windows Installer service. So, open the Services control panel, which you can do from Task Manager, and look for Windows Installer and see if it is set to an automatic start. If it is not Started, and it may not be, try to start it.

Below are the screenshots related to my problem.....

Firstly 1st screenshot error will be displayed....

E1.jpg

Then installation progresses further as shown below....
E2.jpg

Then as it reaches the last bar of progress bar then it reverses the installation i.e. progress bar decreases and then gives the following error.....

E3.jpg

So this is my actual problem.....

Looking up that Product ID gives many hits, from Sony to a virus. If you are installing something from Sony, it is related to that. You do not say if you have a Sony computer, or what you may have installed that could be trying to finish an install.

One hit seems to mention the error is because the uninstall is not available, or cannot gain access to it.

Are you trying to install any software? If you know what software it is, you might try to stop the install. If not, look for the uninstall or use Programs and Features in the control panel to uninstall whatever might be trying to add it.

Does your anti-virus show any logs, or can you turn logging on?

The uninstaller does seem to be an msi type .exe file, so my comments about checking the Windows Installer are still valid, but it looks like you have not yet checked for its operation.

Back
Top Bottom