Windows 7 Ethernet Driver Problem

svesh

Hi all I am so confused because I had Windows Xp but I changed it to Windows 7 Ultimate 32 but now I got internet issues. My motherboard is GIGABYTE GA-M52L-S3 my chipset is Nforce 520 LE I have been trying to install all kind of drivers and it has not helped. In the offical nVidia site the drivers there found are only for XP and Vista I even downloaded from official GIGABYTE site and that didnt help too. The network adapter is found and works properly but the ethernet controller doesnt have a driver Please help me what should I do Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum.
In the offical nVidia site the drivers there found are only for XP and Vista I even downloaded from official GIGABYTE site and that didnt help too.
Very often if not almost always the Vista drivers will work for Windows 7, you may need to install them using compatibility mode though. Just right click the installer (.msi or exe) and choose properties and select the compatibility tab and choose Vista see if that works.
The network adapter is found and works properly but the ethernet controller doesnt have a driver
What does that mean, seems contradictory. If you are having an issue and installing the drivers that you have found from either Nvidia or Gigabyte using compatibility modes doesn't work then perhaps if you can provide the hardware IDs of the problem device we may be able to track something down for you.
Regards
Randy

Thanks for the support but I changed the Lan Card and everythings is alright because mine was a bad card for windows 7

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem and thanks for posting back and updating your thread the the solution that worked for you.
Thanks for joining our community and we hope to continue to see you around the forum.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom