Windows 8 Every morning Windows 8 freezes.

zmechys

Every morning, when I turn on my Windows 8 computer, it freezes as soon as the Windows 8 logo starts loading. Instead of panicking, I always push the "reset" button (not the power button) on ZT, and my computer re-starts without any problems.
It happens EVERY MORNING.
I don't want to refresh, reset, etc...
What would be the easiest way to figure out what causes it?

Firstly, is this an upgrade of 8 on top of 7? Do you have all the required windows 8 drivers for your mobo if any at all including BIOS? With out your system specs filled out in your profile area it's really hard for us to give adequate advice for known compatibility issues.

Firstly, is this an upgrade of 8 on top of 7? Do you have all the required windows 8 drivers for your mobo if any at all including BIOS? With out your system specs filled out in your profile area it's really hard for us to give adequate advice for known compatibility issues.

Yes, it's an upgrade from Windows 7, plus, two refresh, plus ONE CLEAN INSTALL OF WINDOWS 8; therefore, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO THROUGH ANY MORE REFRESH, RESET, OR CLEAN INSTALL.

Where could I get more info about my issue - dmp file, computer management, etc...?
Again, after I push the "reset" button on my ZT, the Windows 8 system restarts and does not have any issues.

I fully understand about not going through a complete re-install again. Which is why I suggested checking to see if your drivers are up to date, mainly the chipset driver and including the BIOS. With a BIOS update, most are for OS stability. If you give me your make and model, if a retail PC or make and model of mobo if a custom build I can help you locate the necessary drivers. Once we checked that out we can proceed further if needed.

I've just checked with Advanced System Optimizer for outdated drivers. It found one old driver for Intel 7 Series chipset family.
See attached.
DriverUpdate.PNG

Why would my Win 8 work without issues after I push the "reset" button on ZT?

Attachments

• DriveUpdate.PNG
    DriveUpdate.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 393
I did mention checking for updated drivers in my first reply... the chipset and the BIOS updates are vital for windows 8 to work properly.

I was able to figure out what causes my computer to freeze.
Every night, I used to turn off my computer and my battery backup/surge protection unit. It would also turn off my Samsung printer connected with a USB cable.
Every morning, I used to push the power button "on" for the UPS unit, and my computer, along with the printer, would start.
Somehow I've noticed that my computer used to freeze when the printer was making its regular noises at a boot-up. After "restart", the computer would start normally, without any issues. Why? The printer was already "on" (not going through its start-up procedure).
I unplugged my printer, started the computer, and all my computer start-up freezing problems were gone.
Right now, I turn my printer on after the computer's startup process is complete.
I don't know how to permanently fix it, but I know how to live with that "chronic" disease.

Nice detective work there. I used to have a UPS and after a few months I was having all kinds of issues so I just dumped the UPS. Turns out that the UPS had a faulty battery. All this was back when Vista first came out. I think that the UPS vendor has some diagnostic tools you can download and run to check the condition of your UPS.

Note; I never turn on peripherals until needed, but that's just me.

Back