Windows 7 Evga Realtek HD Audio Driver Failure

pplatz87

I'm currently unable to have sound on my computer. I've tried several versions of the Realtek audio drivers from the Realtek website but they haven't installed correctly. When I use the Installer from the website, I recieve a failure message and the [Error Code : 0x000005b4]. When I install from the zip file and try to update the driver from device manager, it times out, or just doesn't work.

The file I used was Vista_Win7_R236. directly downloaded from the Realtek Website
I have Version 6.1.7100 Build 7100 of Windows 7.
This is 64 bit OS.
IRQ 20 High Definition Audio Controller
In System Info, it doesn't have any devices listed.
This is an onboard audio device as part of my EVGA NF750i SLI. I know the sound card works because I have no problem at all in Ubuntu.

driver install

Thank you for the help. I went to install the file that I downloaded from the Nvidia web site, but the downloader didn't recognize my hardware or something because it only asked me if I wanted to install a Storage Driver for SATA Raid (attached). I've tried installing it as admin, but that didn't help. I also checked in the uninstall programs section to see if there was anything I needed to uninstall before I re-installed it and there wasn't anything but the display driver. I tried directing the driver update to the folder that the installer extracted onto my computer, but that didn't have any drivers in it. Thanks again for the help.

This is an onboard audio device as part of my EVGA NF750i SLI. I know the sound card works because I have no problem at all in Ubuntu

Not sure what you mean by that

Do you have an EVGA PCI or PCI Express sound card as well as a Realtek on board sound?

Look in Device Manager for any items with a yellow flag and post back.

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, expand the Components section and click on sound Device. This should give the name and model of your card.

Thank you for the help. I went to install the file that I downloaded from the Nvidia web site, but the downloader didn't recognize my hardware or something because it only asked me if I wanted to install a Storage Driver for SATA Raid (attached). I've tried installing it as admin, but that didn't help. I also checked in the uninstall programs section to see if there was anything I needed to uninstall before I re-installed it and there wasn't anything but the display driver. I tried directing the driver update to the folder that the installer extracted onto my computer, but that didn't have any drivers in it. Thanks again for the help.

Hmm....sounds weird. These are the drivers for your board because if you try to download them from the EVGA site it just offers the same download..
I know that sometimes it can make a difference with nvidia drivers if you don't get the correct version for your country. There's like a US version and then an international one. If your outside of the US then you obviously need the international version.. (why it should make a difference I'm not sure)
Other than that, could you provide a screenshot of your Device manager then perhaps either Reghakr or I can glean some further info..
Thankyou :)

Back