Excel 2007 keeps crashing - HELP!

I upgraded to Vista Home Basic about 3months ago and I loaded Office 2007 onto this laptop about 3 weeks ago and a very sinister problem has just begun with Excel 2007 only.

Excel 2007 was working fine until I started receiving an error message when try to open a spread sheet... the error message is "Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working" followed by a "close program" option.

This is a HUGE problem for me. I have been to several blogs/message boards and have not found a fix. I have been to the Microsoft website and cannot find a fix there either.

Could some one please help me?

Thanks,

K

kjanx

remove the office program and resintall

Solutions:
1) Call MS Support, most likely they can hand you a hotfix after some troubleshooting.
2) OpenOffice. (avoiding solution no1 means most likely that you are a pirate)

U

Unregistered

Hey, sorry...I don't have a solution too but I've been experiencing the same problem over and over. I hope someone from Microsoft is reading this cos I can't find help.

Seriously, how does one get help from Microsoft on a problem like this one?
I am using Office Small Business Edition OEM that comes with my Dell machine. If I need to purchase support or software assurance, I will but are these options available for Small Business Edition OEM?

Hopefully someone can help here. And if someone from Microsoft is reading this...please respond.

Thanks.

Try disabling Aero in Vista.

Another fix is excluding the "send to bluetooth" add-in from the Excel options. Here is how to:
1. Open Excel from start menu.
2. Click the Office symbol in top left corner, hit Excel options.
3. Click "Add-Ins", then choose COM Add-Ins from dropdown menu in bottom of
your window and click Go.
4. Mark the line with Bluetooth in it, and click remove.

U

Unregistered

thanks super Bill the solution disabling the bluetooth add in worked!! MS can we have a fix??

Try disabling Aero in Vista.

Another fix is excluding the "send to bluetooth" add-in from the Excel options. Here is how to:
1. Open Excel from start menu.
2. Click the Office symbol in top left corner, hit Excel options.
3. Click "Add-Ins", then choose COM Add-Ins from dropdown menu in bottom of
your window and click Go.
4. Mark the line with Bluetooth in it, and click remove.

Hey superbill,

I have tried to use your solution,
But when i try to remove it, it tells me that the connected state of office add-ins registerd in hkeylm cannot be changed.

So i cant remove the bluetooth part.
And i really want to try it.
My excel keeps crashing then i try to close it.
9 out of 10 times

Thxn! ^^

o.k. have you tried the help & support advice from Microsoft???? See

How to install and to repair 2007 Office features

the only solution might be to un-install the whole Office package and then re-install WITHOUT ANY UPDATES and see what happens.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.