Windows 7 Explorer's start folder

VanKurt

Hi guys!
Is there any way to adjust the Explorer's start folder? Right now it's the Libraries, but I'd rather have the Favorites.
Maybe there's some sort of registry key for this?

BTW: I'm starting the Explorer from the SuperBar or by pressing WIN+E.

Unpin Explorer from Superbar

Go to Start menu - Accessories - Windows Explorer. Open Windows Explorer with right mouse click and "Properties". Add your desired path behind Explorer command.

After this: Right mouse click to Windows Explorer in start menu and "pin to Superbar"

Hey, cool. But what would be the command line for the Favorites or Library folders?
As far as I can see these aren't normal folders on my harddrive...

Thanks so much!

Another option (my preferred) is that if you regularly vist say 3 or 4 sites (for example I use the BBC site quite a lot but I don't want to open it as a home page) I just create a short cut on the desktop type Internet Short Cut. In the properties just put the URL address in the shortcut.

(on Desktop right mouse click ==> create new==>create shortcut and just follow the instructions.

As in most things in computers there are several methods to do things -- choose your preferred method.

You'll probably find that you don't always want to open a long list of favourites but to be able to get to a site by just clicking on its icon on the desktop seems to me neater when you are only dealing with a few sites -- you don't even have to start IE either - its opened automatically (and if its already open the site will just be in another tab).

Cheers
jimbo

Eh? IE?
I wasn't talking about the INTERNET Explorer here :p Just the regular one.

But the question remains: What parameters would I use for Favorites folder instead of Library folder?

Here are a few other switches to explorer

C:\Windows\Explorer.exe /n, /e, ::{450d8fba-ad25-11d0-98a8-0800361b1103} to open my Documents.

Here are some other switches for explorer.exe:
Windows Explorer Command-Line Switches

explorer [/n] [/e][,/root,object][[,/select],subobject]Parameters/nAlways open a new window (even if the specified folder is already open)./eUse Windows Explorer view.

The default is Open view./root,objectSpecify the object in the normal name space that will be used as the root of this Windows Explorer Folder.
The default is to just use the normal name space root (the desktop).subobjectSpecify the folder to receive the initial focus unless /select is used.
The default is the root. /select Specifies that the parent folder is opened and the specified object is selected. Windows Explorer

ExamplesTo open a window rooted at \\myserver so you can easily browse the whole server, but nothing else:explorer /e,/root,\\myserverTo open a folder window on C:\WINDOWS (or make an open window active) and select CALC.EXE, use:explorer /select,c:\windows\calc.exe

OK, so "%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e, /n, C:\Users\username\favorites " worked somehow.
But there are still some strange things:

1. All Icons got these little link-arrows on them. That's not the case When I click on the Favorites myself.
  2. The view is rather ugly (little icons). When I go to the Favorites manually, they appear much bigger.
  3. In the address-bar it says "C:\Users\Username\favorites". When I click on Favorites, it just says "Favorites" in the address-bar.
Of course this ain't a real problem, but it would be nice if that was fixable.
Also the this won't work if I press WIN+E. So maybe there's another place where I can change the standard folder?

Try this:

Right click on Windows Explorer and go to Properties.

Change the target to
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

This will start explorer in My Computer instead of Libraries.

Hope this helps!

Hi guys!
Is there any way to adjust the Explorer's start folder? Right now it's the Libraries, but I'd rather have the Favorites.
Maybe there's some sort of registry key for this?

BTW: I'm starting the Explorer from the SuperBar or by pressing WIN+E.
I searched and read through dozens of pages, and by accident discovered the that by putting this in the Target field of your Explorer shortcut on the Desk band works (can't solve the Win-E part though):
Code:
%windir%\explorer.exe /n /e,/root,shell:::{323CA680-C24D-4099-B94D-446DD2D7249E} /select,shell:::{323CA680-C24D-4099-B94D-446DD2D7249E}

Back