Windows Vista Extra display options

ronzalonis

I had been running a copy of Vista Ultimate and since downgrading to Home Premium I notice I'm missing 2 display options under
Personalize --> Desktop Background --> How should this picture be positioned

In Vista Ultimate, I believe I had five choices. 2 extra in addition to the Stretch, Tile, and Center I currently have. Is there any way to get those options back or have them added to Home Premium?

Thanks in advance
:cool:

Hi,

I'm not sure what the answer is to your question, but if all else fails there are third party programs that can give you more options for how to show your wallpaper. My favorite is the one I wrote: Link Removed - Invalid URL, which helps you easily crop any photo to fill your desktop with the top, middle, or bottom part of the picture (if it's a vertical picture) or the left, middle, or right part.

Brian

I had been running a copy of Vista Ultimate and since downgrading to Home Premium I notice I'm missing 2 display options under
Personalize --> Desktop Background --> How should this picture be positioned

In Vista Ultimate, I believe I had five choices. 2 extra in addition to the Stretch, Tile, and Center I currently have. Is there any way to get those options back or have them added to Home Premium?

Thanks in advance
:cool:

In Ultimate there are 5 choices as you say. Fit to screen, Tile, Centre, Maintain Aspect Ratio and Crop to fit screen.
You cannot get these options back without reinstalling Ultimate and you cannot add more to Home Premium.
Your best bet would be as BMorearty suggests in using a third party programme.

Back