Windows 10 {FIXED} Why isnt my Taskbar being more obstructive?

Castingflame

I need to have my taskbar at the top of my screen but is it possible to make it so I can not drag a window behind it? Several times I have had to autohide the task bar just to get at the window to drag it back again.

Kind Regards, Paul

This is a non Microsoft forum, with nice people trying to help each other. Could you explain a bit more what your problem is?

Hi

On my computer an open window does not extend behind the taskbar but you can drag a window behind the taskbar.

I have software that has buttons at the very bottom (and I really need to whole window) and when I try and click on them the taskbar keeps popping up in front of them if it's hidden.

You used to be able to select Never on Top, and then use a key to make it show when you wanted it to.

Mike

You reminded me of something that I used in the past.
It's called Taskbar Eliminator, it makes it possible to hide or show the Taskbar using the keyboard.
I'll look for it and report back.

Hi back again.

It works you just click Alt T to make the Taskbar appear or disappear.

Download it here...

Taskbar Eliminator

Last edited:
This is a non Microsoft forum, with nice people trying to help each other. Could you explain a bit more what your problem is?

Am I missing something? Without trying to appear too sarcastic i'snt this Windows Forum and I posted in
I also thought I had explained but maybe not enough for everyone to get my drift.

Hi

On my computer an open window does not extend behind the taskbar but you can drag a window behind the taskbar.

I have software that has buttons at the very bottom (and I really need to whole window) and when I try and click on them the taskbar keeps popping up in front of them if it's hidden.

You used to be able to select Never on Top, and then use a key to make it show when you wanted it to.

Mike

You reminded me of something that I used in the past.
It's called Taskbar Eliminator, it make it possible to hide or show the Taskbar using the keyboard.
I'll look for it and report back.

Hi back again.

It works you just click Alt T to make the Taskbar appear or disappear.

Download it here...

Yes that's the issue i'm suffering from mike. I have switched to an ultrawide monitor and when im developing I run a second output from my PC. to the picture in picture on my monitor. This just helps lock some apps 'full screen' in the smaller PIP window and gets rid of window borders and the like when im watching tuition videos etc.

As my pip window is lower right I have moved my taskbar to the top as I still need access to the system tray frequently. Many times I will open up an application and it spawns under the taskbar which means I can not move it unless I temoparily hide the task bar, move the window, then re-enable it again. I need the taskbar visible at all time as it displays a lot of information I need frequently.

I have just tried your little utility and it is EXACTLY what I was after!! It give the offending windows a boot down the screen. You have made this old computer guy a happy bunny ;)

This issue is considered FIXED by MikeHawthorne !!!

A big thanks, pat on the back and a "for hes a jolly good fellow"

Back