Windows 7 For birthday i am getting a...

Chaoswarrior

windows 7 beta build 7000.Now could anione tell me step by step how to install it?Any special tips?It will be a 64 bit version.

Last edited:
Wow, a free download for a birthday present.
How generous.

As to installing it - you are best off installing it to a second (unused) hard drive.
Even better if you disconnect your main drive during the install, so that the new boot manager is not used. That way you simply go into the BIOS and change the hd boot order, to boot whichever OS you want to use.

And 'anione' is better spelled... anyone.

Wow, a free download for a birthday present.
How generous.

As to installing it - you are best off installing it to a second (unused) hard drive.
Even better if you disconnect your main drive during the install, so that the new boot manager is not used. That way you simply go into the BIOS and change the hd boot order, to boot whichever OS you want to use.

And 'anione' is better spelled... anyone.

well a very poor friend of mine is downloading it so...Thanx for the tips and sorry for my bad spelling because i am from croatia...

We all work within our own limitations.

And the spelling correction was not a criticism, just a correction.

As to installing this beta, you are better off installing it to a second and unused hard drive.
It installs its own boot manager, which overwrites your current one, (either WinXP or Vista) if the hd is connected.

Before you begin the install of W7, disconnect the power cable of your main hard drive.
That way, your second hd will be the only one seen.

Boot with the DVD and complete the install. Then reconnect your first hard drive.

Then all you have to do is enter the BIOS setup to select which drive should boot first, to go to whichever OS you want to work with. No boot managers needed.

what you can do is do like what was suggested above, and once your done get a program called easybcd and you can then edit the bootmanager and give you the option to create a multiboot system.

It is no problem at all.
Of course. First of all make sure you have the extra partition prepared. 16gbs is a good figure.Give it a name which you can easily identify (Win7?), this will avoid you overwriting your existing OS.
Now either run the install DVD from within your existing OS, or you can reboot into the DVD.

Select the initial config (Your Keyboard and currency preferences)
Click "Install Now"
You are still safe, nothing has happened yet.

Now:
On the Which type of installation do you want? page, click Custom.
On the Where do you want to install Windows? page, do one of the following:

If you don't want to specify a specific partition to install Windows on, or create partitions on your hard disk, click Next to begin the installation. You do, so ____--
You already have another existing partition with enough free space and want to install the Windows 7 Beta on that partition to create a multiboot configuration, select the partition you have named. If you want to format the partition, click Drive options (advanced), click the option you want, and then follow the instructions.
Click Next to begin the installation. (If the Drive options (advanced) option is disabled, you need to start your computer using the installation disc.)
Then just follow the instructions.

I have one more question:If i install windows 7 on a second partition,can i uninstall it without uninstalling everything else on this partition because all my games are on this partition?

Back