Windows 7 Format PC with built in Window 7

Nawaf

Dears,
Good day,
I have Asus PC with built in window, i am trying to boot recovery mood f9 when the PC start off.
unfortunately the recovery not solve the problem even when i select full format for PC.
the PC run and shut down again and again (unlimited loop) seems that there is a software problem.

i have decided to use a original windows 7 installation file and boot using DVD or USB.
but i could not find a way to download windows 7
even when i use Microsoft website and use serial number it gave me a message

Error
The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

How could i get legally ISO file for windows home premium 64 bit ?

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:

That's easy. Go to this Microsoft site where you can download the Win7 ISO file and create bootable windows media: Windows 7

Take a look also at this article which gives some good tips on using the Win7 install media here: How to get a free legal copy of a Windows 7 installation disk

Once you create your Win7 installation media you should be able to reinstall your Windows. If this still doesn't work for you, you may have to use a 3rd party utility such as DBAN (which you can google) to completely erase your hard drive. Then attempt to once again install Win7 from the bootable media (DVD or USB) you created in the steps above. That will usually take of your problem. :up: If it still doesn't work, you may have a faulty hard drive and that will require hardware testing. Here's a link on how to do that: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Since you are running Win7 on your computer, bear in mind that if you have never replaced the hard drive in your computer since you owned it, your computer is now 7 years old, it is extremely likely your Hard Drive has failed.:( Hard Drives these days are only designed to last 3 years in desktop PCs and 2 years in laptops. If the Hard Drive diagnostics return errors, your drive has failed and must be replaced.:waah:

Good luck,:encouragement:
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Thank for your reply,
as i mentioned the Microsoft URL is not work it gave me the below message

Error
The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.

If you get that message, it means you have a system builder/oem license so you will need to get install media from the computer manufacturer.

If you get that message, it means you have a system builder/oem license so you will need to get install media from the computer manufacturer.
Yes exactly my windows is OEM
So should i pay to the manufacture or i can get it free.

You'll just need to look at the manufacturer site. They may have the option to download the media or you can pay for physical media I've seen them range from $10-50

Actually, it's now between $29-$99 US for factory Recovery Media.:cash: I order them for all the major computer makers for use in rebuilding broken customer computers from Dell, Acer, ASUS, HP, Lenovo, and Toshiba. This cost may be more outside the US; we have users here who tell us they have paid up to $300 US for Recovery Media outside the US, due to import restrictions and taxes.

FYI.
BBJ

Actually, it's now between $29-$99 US for factory Recovery Media.:cash: I order them for all the major computer makers for use in rebuilding broken customer computers from Dell, Acer, ASUS, HP, Lenovo, and Toshiba. This cost may be more outside the US; we have users here who tell us they have paid up to $300 US for Recovery Media outside the US, due to import restrictions and taxes.

FYI.
BBJ
thank for all these information,
i have opened ticket with the manufacture and waiting their reply.
sincerely.

Back