Windows 7 Free Anti-Virus .vs. Purchased Anti-Virus

I think that me telling everyone how bad the email clients, Outlook Express and it's clones are, could make more people want to test them out for themselves. To find out if it is true that they really cannot use them.

Which they will find that they won't be able to use them. Like I cannot use them. Andrea Borman.
You're telling everyone about OE and other email clients is sheer lunacy.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Try to understand, it that is even remotely possible, there are millions of people including myself successfully using email clients.
Whether it be OE or Tbird or others, that's millions of folks.
I repeat MILLIONS of folks.

By your twisted logic, just because you and your friends are not capable of understanding the simple mechanics of using one of these handy programs
the millions of people using them each day don't know what they are doing either.

BTW, in case you didn't know millions is a lot more that you and your friends.

I think that me telling everyone how bad the email clients, Outlook Express and it's clones are, could make more people want to test them out for themselves. To find out if it is true that they really cannot use them.

Which they will find that they won't be able to use them. Like I cannot use them. Andrea Borman.
I have used Netscape Navigator, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird and now Windows Live Mail. The only one that I ever had to call Tech Support for was Netscape. That was back in 98 when I was a total newby and it was the very first time I tried to set up an email client. One phone call and about 5 or 6 simple steps and I was off and running. Every time since then I have been able to set them up first try.

All of us realize we can't help you with your computer Andrea. You're just too stubborn to listen. But you really should stop trying to tell others how to run theirs because you have no clue how to run one.

Last edited:
You're telling everyone about OE and other email clients is sheer lunacy.
You don't know what you are talking about.
Try to understand, it that is even remotely possible, there are millions of people including myself successfully using email clients.
Whether it be OE or Tbird or others, that's millions of folks.
I repeat MILLIONS of folks.

By your twisted logic, just because you and your friends are not capable of understanding the simple mechanics of using one of these handy programs
the millions of people using them each day don't know what they are doing either.

BTW, in case you didn't know millions is a lot more that you and your friends.

But those email clients Outlook Express and it's clones,Thunderbird,Windows Live Mail and others that are based on Outlook Express,really are complicated to use because of the system they have.

My friends words-"You can't use it. It won't let you use it." Is a good description of it. And my other friend said-"It does not allow itself to be used."
Well, it does not, does it.

If they had the system which was like the chat messengers, where you just give them you Aol email address and password or your Hotmail address and password and connect accounts that way,then that would not be a problem. Because that is all you have to do to connect your Instantbird account to your other emails.

But those email client's don't have that system and it seems they don't want to change the complicated system they already have. They want your POP server which I don't know what it is,and it seems that other people don't know either.

So I just cannot use that email. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
But those email clients Outlook Express and it's clones,Thunderbird,Windows Live Mail and others that are based on Outlook Express,really are complicated to use because of the system they have.

My friends words-"You can't use it. It won't let you use it." Is a good description of it. And my other friend said-"It does not allow itself to be used."
Well, it does not, does it.

If they had the system which was like the chat messengers, where you just give them you Aol email address and password or your Hotmail address and password and connect accounts that way,then that would not be a problem. Because that is all you have to do to connect your Instantbird account to your other emails.

But those email client's don't have that system and it seems they don't want to change the complicated system they already have. They want your POP server which I don't know what it is,and it seems that other people don't know either.

So I just cannot use that email. Andrea Borman.
Fine, just don't try to tell us and the millions of other users of the various email clients that we aren't capable of using these easy to use programs.
These programs wouldn't exist if they were impossible to use.

On that note: I'm done trying to reason with you Andrea.

Last edited:
But they are impossible for me to use.

I get the impression that email clients like Outlook Express and it's clones are more for people with advanced computer skills. Which I don't have.

But for ordinary people like me they are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. Andrea Borman.

Maybe you should get a Dummies For Windows book or take some classes and learn how to use a computer. Just because you don't understand how to do something doesn't mean it's a bad program or idea.
Joe

But the email clients Outlook Express and the others that are really later versions of it. That is Windows Mail,Windows Live Mail are impossible to use. They ask you for an email address and password. Of course I have an email account and password with G.Mail and Hotmail and Aol. So I can give them that,but then they ask you for your incoming http. or POP server-I don't know that. Then it asks you for your outgoing http. or POP server and I don't know that.

So the email client does not get set up. And even when I type in the right POP address,it still does not work and it does not get set up and the email never gets sent.

There are many different versions of Outlook Express. Well,the email clients,Thunderbird,Spicebird,SeaMonkey Mail,Windows Mail,Windows Live Mail and others like it,are all clones of Outlook Express. And they have all got the same system,you have to enter your http.or POP server to set them up.

I tried SeaMonkey Mail and Thunderbird,which are clones of Outlook Express as well as all of the others. And they all asked for my incoming and outgoing http. or POP server-and I do not know that. So none of them worked,in fact Thunderbird was worse than the others, as it said I entered an invalid email address and password. When I use that email address from G.Mail every day and it IS a valid email address and password And then Thunderbird asked for my http. or POP server,like the other Outlook Express clones do. Thunderbird is another clone of Outlook Express after all.

So no matter what I do or try, I cannot get those emails up and running.

As my friends said-"You can't use it. It won't let you use it." And "It does not allow itself to be used." That is a good description of it actually.

But it is just as well that the other computer and Internet programs are not like Outlook Express and it's clones. Because if all of the web browsers and chat messengers and other things were like those emails. I would have to give up using the computer because I would not be able to use anything.

But it is only those email clients that are the problem,so I don't have to worry,as I just don't have to use them. Well,I cannot use them,the system that they have.

So that is why I have renamed Outlook Express and it's clones-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And it is for sure that YOU won't be able to use it either.

Unless you are a computer genius and can find some way of getting their impossible system to work. I can't. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
You can get a free level one beginner hour class that teaches all that from nearly every library in the UK. If you not interested, then unlike mr. Sheen, you aint WINNING!

Last edited:
I don't think that any computer class could teach me how to use Outlook Express and clones. As those email clients being-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. You just cannot get them up and running.

As my friends said-"You can't use it. It won't let you use it." And "It does not allow itself to be used."

That sums it up that you just cannot use those email clients. Andrea Borman.

I have frankly have never met anyone that cannot use the apps to refer to, but before you say I must be the only one, I think you'll find you are very much in the minority that struggle to use them, else how are there so many teenagers and silver surfers that are as technically capable as me?

There is plenty of help in the fundamentals of using them on this forum, as well as a massive wealth of video walkthroughs on youtube, so I'm surprised you haven't found the informaition despite it being so readily available to all. Despite many of the flaws, google is indeed the source of all solutions IF you know what to look for, which I'd thought you would have else how did you find this site?

Well in SeaMonkey Mail which is another clone of Outlook Express,there is no help guide that tells you how to use the email client. And there is no help guide to tell you how to reset it again if you make a mistake.

And in the Internet cafe in London where I was last week. Where they have Windows XP with IE6 and Outlook Express. There was no help guide on Outlook Express either. And there isn't on any of the other clones of Outlook Express.

And the clones of Outlook Express have made their way to Linux in the form of Thunderbird,and other email clients. But Thunderbird and the other email clients,all clones of Outlook Express,have the same system as they do on Windows.

That is they ask you for your http. or POP server,which you don't know. So Linux users won't be able to use that email either. So it's the same problem for them as it is for Windows users.

You can't use that email on any operating system. It is- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. So you won't be able to use it on Linux or Windows or anywhere. Andrea Borman.

I think I know a possible reason you are having the issues at web cafés, I would seem logical to assume a web café would block the access to client apps that physically download mail to the pc, as a matter of security, as it is far safer for data privacy for them to limit café users to only web-browser mail to access email accounts from simple login/passwords, such as hotmail, Gmail etc.

If they do allow POP mail then all you need is the pop mail account which is always on your primary internet service provider account to view, simple matter then to write this information down to use on clients anywhere, although unless you physically delete it afterwards you risk the next café user to have full access to the account.

For example if you are a customer with BT the pop account looks something like this below:-
Link Removed - Invalid URL

its the same methods for every single ISP, and only takes literally 10 seconds at most to google using "ISP POP MAIL" where ISP is the company you paying for web access, almost guarenteed a complete run down of how to do it, certainly not something "Impossible" or "Difficult".

Last edited:
It could be true that in the Internet cafes they may have blocked settings for outlook Express. And a lot of settings are blocked in Internet cafes.

But Internet cafes are not the only places I have tried to use Outlook Express or an email client like it.

I have tried to use Outlook Express on my friends computers that are on a home network where nothing is blocked. As well as it's other clones Windows Live Mail and I and my friends still cannot use it.

And I have tried to use it on my own computer. Because I have Windows 7,you don't get Outlook Express on there.But you can get Windows Live Mail which is a clone of it and I have tried that. As well as SeaMonkey Mail,Thunderbird and others,all clones of Outlook Express, and I cannot use it. And my settings and Internet services are not blocked or restricted, but I cannot use any of these email clients on my own computer either.

So it is not my computer or my friends computer and it is not the public computers in the Internet cafes. It is the email clients. All of them are clones of Outlook Express and you just cannot use them.

So they really are-THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And Outlook Express and it's clones sure do live up to their name. Andrea Borman.

I have personally used every single app you mentioned perfectly well, with none of the issues you have.

Well,I have tried to use that kind of email ever since I first started leaning to use the computer in 2006. Then I could not do much,in fact I did not know how to use a computer at all back then. I did not even know how to use a mouse or even get onto the Internet from the Internet cafe. I only leaned to use the computer because the person sitting next to me in the Internet cafe showed me,how to use the mouse. What it does and showed me how to search on what was Live Search back then. And I was shown how to search on Google as well. The person sitting next to me showed me what to click on in the search engine to get onto a website,because back then I did not know anything.

But it was another two years before I knew how to set up my own email address account and how to do email. And someone showed me how to do that because I did not know how to do it. That was difficult because to set up an email account in the online form you fill in,you have to give them another email address to verify your new account. And how do you do that when this is your first email account and you have never had an email account before? But a friend gave me her email address and she signed into it to verify it for me,when I got the email from my new account to verify the email address.

But as it happens because I had set up a Hotmail account,they just want to know your alternative email address but they don't ask you to verify it. So we never got the email that we were expecting from Hotmail asking us to verify my or should I say my friends alternative email address.

Apparently,when you set up a Hotmail account,you have to give them an alternative email address but they do not send an email to that address asking you to verify it. But Google and Yahoo are stricter,with them you have to give them an alternative email address.Then they send an email to the alternative address you gave them. And you do have to verify your alternative email address before you can use your Google or Yahoo email account. Which is a problem if you are a first time user who has never had an email account before.Because if you don't have a friend with an email address,you are stuck. You cannot set up an email account,unless you go to Hotmail.

Where there as explained you just give a friends email address but unlike most other sites,it does not make you verify the alternative email address. So your Hotmail account is set up ready to use, there and then after you have filled in the form.

I now have several email accounts including new Hotmail accounts,and they never ask you to verify your other email address,they just set up the account
right away. But all of my email accounts are web based not with email clients, and I now have three Netbooks at home,all with Windows 7.So I have come a long way from my first time with the computer in 2006.

But I have learned many things since then and because I have my own computer,I have to do tasks to maintain it. But Windows makes it easy to do that. It is very user friendly,unlike Linux which is not, and does not help you do things at all.So Linux is difficult to use. But Windows is different and is user friendly. And Windows 7 is even more easier to use and user friendly than Windows XP and Windows Vista.

But compared to Linux,Windows XP and even the earlier versions Windows 2000,Windows 98 and Windows 95 are easy for anyone to use.

But I have never been able to use that email client,Outlook Express or a clone of it.
See my post about it here- http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/58739-email-client-error-message-2.html

And you will see exactly what I mean. I think that I and everyone else will NEVER be able to use that email.

As my friend says- " You can't use it. It won't let you use it." And " It does not allow itself to be used." So I and other computer users are doomed to never to be able to use that email-Outlook Express and clones. It is- THE EMAIL THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And YOU won't be able to use it either. Andrea Borman.

Last edited:
to be honest I dont see the problem in just using hotmail, its easy and doesnt require any storage, although I'm quite concerned it took 2 years to figure a email app out, seriously? thats day one kindergarden stuff.

It took so long to learn how to do email because there was not really anyone to show me properly. Also to set up your very first email account,a lot of sites want you to provide an alternative email address. And you can't if this is your very first email account because you don't have never had an account anywhere before.

It is like if you were buying a computer and they asked you for your other computer.When you don't have another computer because this is the first one you are buying.

That is one of the reasons it took so long. Because a lot of sites asked for my alternative email address. But I never had one because I had never had an email account before and I was trying to get one for the first time.

But eventually I found Hotmail and my friend gave me her email address to use. And logged into her one that she gave me with her password. In case they asked me to verify it which they did not.

But how can new users who have never had an email account before set up a first time email account,if they ask for your alternative email address? Which you don't have because the one you are trying to set up IS to be your very first email account?

These websites just don't think,do they. Andrea Borman.

I have perused this thread, having just joined and having an interest in knowing more about anti-virus software. Andrea, I say this with the utmost best wishes for you, I am not meaning this in a teasing way at all. When I want to learn something new I do this. But having scanned all your posts in this thread, I can honestly tell you if you spent 1/4 the time you've spent writing your posts about how hard OE is to use with a neighborhood high school kid teaching it to you, you'd have been up and running with it ages ago.

I taught my dad (he's 83 and not what you'd call computer literate) how to use his OE effectively in a couple of 30 minute sessions, and how he maintains email lists, files mail in folders, sends attachments. It really is a piece of cake.

Go to a Game Stop store near you, buy a $25 gift card there, and ask a neighbor who has a high school or college student to see if they'll teach you OE in exchange for the gift card. You'll be off an running in no time flat. And enjoying it, I might add.

I do the same thing when I want to learn something new, and I'm pretty computer literate (as a user, not a techie). It works great!

Good luck!

John

Back