Windows 7 Freezing then Issues on Start up

Sublime

I have been having issues with my PC freezing. I just started using Windows 7 after my PC crashed couple weeks ago. I was using Vista 64x but when it crashed I wiped and put Win7 64x on here.
The PC freezes mainly when I play Starcraft 2. I can play the game for about five minutes or so, sometimes more/less it just depends, then it will freeze, the music/sounds that was playing at the time of freeze keeps replaying, and the red light on my PC that normally flashes is stuck red, and I have to manual reboot.

After I manual reboot when this happens, I get weird issues on start up. Sometimes it will say "failed to read boot disc" or "fail to start windows" "press ctrl+alt+delete to restart". Sometimes it will run CHKDSK on restart and the other morning it ran Windows Repair and determined the problem could not be fixed and windows couldn't be started. I turned the PC on and off right after it told me that and it worked fine.

My PC has also restarted randomly on its own a couple times over the past few days, while not playing the game. It has also froze while writing an email. I can use the PC for a while just using the internet and not have much problems usually, but when I play the game it crashes for sure.

System Specs:
Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo
Nvidia GTX 260
4GB DDR2 RAM (Kingston)
Windows 7 64 bit
Biostar motherboard (Intel G31)
Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA II 7200RPM HDD

WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR:
I have unistalled and reinstalled the game, along with the video card drivers.
I have ran Memtest86 overnight. Got Pass:7 Fail:0
I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic, got no errors found
I ran chkdsk /v in cmdpromt, no errors found
I ran Hitatchi Drive Fitness Test (link below if you don't know what it is)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

This Test came back with an error. ""Problem detected on a non-hitachi drive. Disposition 0x70"

I then ran this GPU Test
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

And I got a problem with that also. It would go to around 7900 frames, and 85 degrees (It took it right about two minutes to get there) and my screen would go black and I would have to manual reboot. Ran this test twice and got the black screen both times.

I am not really sure what to do from here with these test results. Any help is appreciated!

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• MSInfo.txt
    322.3 KB · Views: 707
  • DxDiag.txt
    23.4 KB · Views: 403
Unfortunately no I do not. Is there another option of checking it?

What about the HDD error code I got? Think I will need to new Hard drive?

Try and run SeaTools from Seagate and check the disk for errors, depends on the errors it can fix them, Download both versions "SeaTools for Windows" and "SeaTools for DOS" (which you can burn to disk and run like the Windows 7 Install disk to check the disk. Both are free to download. Download link | Seagate

Ran SeaTools for windows.

Ran the S.m.a.r.t Test - Passed
Ran Short/Long Self Drive Test - No error
Ran Short/Long Generic Drive test - No error

Did not run the advanced tests because it said it could delete important information by running them.

Thanks for the reply, but that's on the list of things I've already done, I ran it overnight and got pass: 7 fail: 0

Uninstall your current anitivirus in safe mode using this tool:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

Reboot and install MSE to replace.

See if this helps out any or fixes.

Then when playing games, use RivaTuner to set the fan speed to max, as a test to see if its plays well.

----------

From an elevated command prompt, run these commands one at a time, to completion:

chkdsk /r

sfc /scannow

Last edited:
Back