Windows 7 Frequent wifi drop on win 7

SonnyCooL

Guy i'm new on win 7 and not expert in any tech stuff, pls guide me ...

Any one facing window 7 (64) wifi issue ?
facing crazy wifi connection drop and high latency ping (router 192.168.2.1), in working condition, ping usually is 1 - 3 ms, but after sometime my ping will increase to few thousand then connection drop ....
any solution ? already roll back to old driver, new driver, no driver (according to google search) ...
Update window 7.

I know is not router or usb adapter issue, cause i tested 2 router (d link 615, linksys WU 5), 3 usb wifi adapter (linksys, tplink and aztech) and desktop (win XP), laptop (XP), androind (tab, tablet and phone) ..... all working well, even same pc (dual boot) win XP is working well too .....

Issue can be temporary solve by unplug and replug in USB wifi adapter (work sometime), if not just restart my pc will solve ....
please help me to solve this issue ..

p2.jpgping 2.pngping.jpg

can help ?

r u suspect some network causing it ?
No,with that type of ping intermittent latency, I would suspect a network bottleneck that might be caused by the router's quality of service (QoS) module mishandling ICMP packets, noise / interference, proximity issues (too far from or too close to the router) or just a router that is overburdened. Can you test by turning off all the other network nodes leaving only your computer and the router running during the test?

Cause each time i just need to restart PC and everything will get back normal ...
"get back to normal" for how long before the issue reappears?
Do you have the ability to test using the ethernet (wired) adapter connected to your router to see if you have the same issue. Disable or disconnect the USB wireless adapter when performing this test.

Some wireless devices (routers as well as adapters) do not work as well if at all with Windows 7 as they do with Windows XP.
Have you considered checking for a possible firmware update for the wireless router you are using?
Have you tried a factory reset on the router you are using and starting over by temporarily running it open and then reconfiguring the wireless security? WPA and or WPA2 seem to work better with Windows 7 than WEP. Have you tried simply changing the channel you are using (experiment by trying various channels-> 1, 3, 6, 9, 11)
What wireless router are you using? Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number, Revision Number?
What wireless adapter are you using? Same details including driver version number and date.

Some wireless devices (routers as well as adapters) do not work as well if at all with Windows 7 as they do with Windows XP.
Have you considered checking for a possible firmware update for the wireless router you are using?
Have you tried a factory reset on the router you are using and starting over by temporarily running it open and then reconfiguring the wireless security? WPA and or WPA2 seem to work better with Windows 7 than WEP. Have you tried simply changing the channel you are using (experiment by trying various channels-> 1, 3, 6, 9, 11)
What wireless router are you using? Manufacturer Name, Model Name, Model Number, Revision Number?
What wireless adapter are you using? Same details including driver version number and date.

thanks mate ...
will let you know the issue :)
Just done some google on my router, seem like is my router issue :)

Yes, please let us know how things work out and if you find something definitive regarding your issue as it will likely help others and satisfy my innate curiosity.
Much appreciated
Randy

Hi

I admit I didn't read through all the posts so if someone already said this I apologize.

One of the most common causes of Windows 7 dropping connections that I've seen, (and this has been true since beta) is an app installed by several programs named "Bonjour Services".

This is installed by ITunes and some Adobe software.

I've had at least 5 instances on my own computer where I had to remove this to get my connection to stay up.

Look and see if you have it installed, it you do uninstall it or turn it off and see if that solves the problem.

When I was having this issue I could restart the connection by going to Network Settings and disabling and then re-enabling the service or as you said unplugging the router and plugging it back in again.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom