Windows 7 Fresh Install. BSOD. NO LOGS!

capndaft

Hey everyone,

Frustrating day as I'm sure you all know. I have scoured these forums trying to find similar problems and solutions to this one..... but I have come up with nothing.

Fresh install on a system that was having some issues prior to this. The display driver (nvidia on an evga 560ti) kept crashing. not a huge deal... but then i got some blue screens and such after that so I thought I would do a clean sweep.

I formatted and reset the SSD drive back to factory with pmagic. Did the ATA serial erase. and then moved onto the fresh install. After install I updated all drivers, bios, mobo, and windows updates.

I keep getting BSOD every 30 mins or so. When this happens, it hangs on the blue screen and doesn't write the dump file. I have set all proper settings to ensure a dump file is generated but it just doesn't get that far. I have attached a screenshot of the BSOD in hopes that someone will know what's going on.

20120322_001616.jpg

Computer:

Windows 64bit ultimate (iso torrent)
All updates, drivers, SP1 for win
Intel i5
gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
evga 560ti
gskill 8gb @ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
cruicial m4 SSD

I have run chkdsk, memtest, and scanned for all viruses and what not. All came back negative. Everything appears to be working fine.

I really need some help with this as it's my work machine for my home office. I'm sure I need to provide more info.... but I'm not sure what to give.

Thanks in advance.

You say
I really need some help with this as it's my work machine for my home office. I'm sure I need to provide more info.... but I'm not sure what to give.

Then you say
Computer:

Windows 64bit ultimate (iso torrent)

Therein lies your problem. Torrents are/can be full of nasty add-ins. Why use a torrent for your legit set up? Unless it isn't. Especially for your home business.

We can neither condone or help with illegal copies of Windows. This is against the forums rules.

Download a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate iso file. Re-install, from scratch, your system. Enter your genuine key from Microsoft. See if your issues continue.

Last edited:
Back