Windows 10 Get Windows 10 app still doesn't show

tomasbat

Operating system: Windows 7 SP1

Problem: The Get Windows 10 app is not shown in the notification area after accomplishing all the conditions.

Description: I've read the Windows 10 Q&A page and I've read the possibilities why the app could not show up. I used to have the automatic updates disabled, and I changed that yesterday, I've searched for new updates and I've installed everything that windows offered to me. Now it says it's up to date. I also have the Service pack 1 for windows 7 installed and I'm running genuine Windows 7. And I still dont understand why it doesn't show up.

This page only shows how to reserve the copy through the app. Or is it somewhere on the page where I didn't see it?

Last edited:
If you click on reserve on the page it will let you reserve it.

That is how I reserved mine. The icon on my computer showed up about two weeks later.

Click on reserve and this screen will come up for you.

Capture.PNG

What kind of processor do you have? Some of the older intel processors will not work with trying to upgrade to Windows 10.

You can also call Microsoft and speak to a Windows 10 tech. They can also help you.

Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40Ghz

I'll propably call them, no one else seems to have this kind of problem.

You should be able to get it with an i5 processor. That is what I have.
I would give them a call. That is how I found that link to reserve 10 with. In fact They did it for me.

I didn't call them yet, but the situation solved itself. I just turned on the computer and the app suddenly appeared. It didn't appear before but now it just did. I propably should have been more patient. Sorry for wasting your time. Thank you a lot.

Is it normal that the Get Windows 10 App dissapears from the taskbar and it is shown in the Windows Update window as "Upgrade for Windows 10 is reserved"?

I don't know about it disappearing from taskbar. Mine hasn't done that. As far as showing up in Windows update, I think that is normal.

Hi

Funny I don't have any category like "Notification Area Icons" in Control Panel.

When I run a search for it from the Taskbar search window, I get a result, but nothing happens when I try and open it, does it work the same way in Windows 10?

I don't have the Reserve button on that web page either, I figured it's because I'm actually running Windows 10 already, so it doesn't show an option to upgrade?

Mike

Last edited:
Back