Windows 7 Getting BSOD when playing BF3

bennybob

Hi there,

I keep getting the blue screen of death when playing EA Battlefield 3. Whilst playing it seems fine, but after 30-60 minutes I will eventually get a blue screen. I have no other problems playing any other games, and I never get blue screens, its only since playing this game.

Since I'm new here on this forum, I hope I have included everything you ask for when asking for help with BSODs.

Hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks in advance

Bennybob

Attachments

• Seven Forums - BSOD bennybob.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 257
Hi Bennybob,

Basically whilst playing BF3 your CP had a fatal hardware error and so shutdown to protect itself. So are you overclocking right now? If not please check you have the latest version of the motherboard bios.

Hi Bennybob,

Basically whilst playing BF3 your CP had a fatal hardware error and so shutdown to protect itself. So are you overclocking right now? If not please check you have the latest version of the motherboard bios.

Hi kemical,

thanks for the reply. I'm not overclocking anything. I've checked the motherboard bios version and it is out of date, so hopefully an update will help. However, I haven't updated BIOS before and I've read that doing so can be a bit risky if you're not familiar with the procedure.

So, perhaps you could guide me through this process? I've found the latest BIOS update, I think, on Asus' homepage for my motherboard and downloaded the "
Flash BIOS tool under DOS" and then the latest .ROM file. Is there anything I need to do before running the update?

this is where I found the update,
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/Crosshair_IV_Formula/#download

Last edited:
That is an awesome motherboard.. I'm jealous! Anyhow if you go to the link you provided and download your motherboard manual you can print the instructions off. See screenshot:

Screenshot (6).png

Just take your time, read things through and you'll be fine. Please post back and let me know how you get on..

Did what you said. Updating the BIOS went fine and it was pretty easy. I just need to see if the problem with the BSOD has been solved. I'll let you know.

I think the problem has been solved. Haven't seen a BSOD since updating the BIOS. However, I can't be completely sure since I haven't been playing too much BF3 lately. But hopefully it worked.

So, thank you for your help kemical.

Back