Windows 7 Going from 8 back to 7

jmille92

I have a new laptop and i want to load windows 7 onto it. Its an HP 15 d069wm. I got the BIOS settings changed to boot from the windows 7 disk but i cant seem to find the right drivers anywhere. Anyone know where i can find them? thanks

I am trying to change from Win 8 to Win 7. I got as far as booting the computer from the Win 7 disk and it told me i need system drivers. I assume that means the RAM/hard drive so it can install Win 7 on the computer. I went back and booted from the normal OS (Win 8) for now because im trying to find the drivers.

If I can assume that your computer came pre-installed with Windows 7?
AND you haven't done anything too drastic since that time.....
You can always use the built in Recovery partition to put it back to its' factory state if that's a viable option for you.
Access HP Recovery Manager in either of the following ways:

1. Turn on or restart the computer, and then press esc while the “Press the ESC key for
Startup Menu” message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Then press f11 while the F11 (System Recovery)” message is displayed on the screen.
2. Click System Recovery in the HP Recovery Manager window.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
SOURCE: Page 68 of your user guide.

OK... not sure why, but I don't suppose that's any of my business.
My guess is that your installation media is too old and your system BIOS is too new (meaning like UEFI) and quite possibly you have a GPT hard drive.
To overcome these issues I would suggest grabbing the correct ISO for Windows 7 from here http://techdows.com/2011/07/downloa...h-sp1-iso-official-direct-download-links.html
That matches your Windows 7 license / product key (version and bit architecture)
And then use Rufus from here http://rufus.akeo.ie/
set it up like this
Rufus.PNG

And point it at your freshly downloaded ISO file and use that to create a bootable USB thumb drive. You'll need one with 4 gigs of size or larger.

I have also reformatted my Computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 8. What you will also have to do is enable legacy boot in your computer bios if you have not done so yet.

Downgrading is an issue with serious problems. The IT mentality is to go forward and upward. If you want to go the other way, I would suggest you clean your disk, and make a new installation of Windows 7.

Back