Windows 10 I upgraded (downgrade in actuality) from Windows 7 to 10 when it was free. Then got back to Windows 7. Can I now upgrade back to 10 for free?

reedadam

I am sooo pi*sed that I'm being forced to "downgrade" to Windows 10. I tried it when it was free and really gave it a chance, but I couldn't stand it, so I rolled back to 7. It was like I could breathe again.

Now that they have ended support for 7 and fearing malwares and viruses, I'm forced to use Windows 10.
So I was wondering, can I roll back to the 10 which I rolled back to 7 from before? And then if I really can't stand again it again and decide to risk using Windows 7, can I get back to 7?

In my opinion Windows 10 is superior to 7 in almost every way. It certainly can take some getting used to though.

Windows 10 is also quite a bit different in that Microsoft is rolling out new upgrade builds which roll up all of the security enhances as well as brings new features. These builds are treated like a new operating system version which all come with much shorter life cycles than what people are used too (most notable Windows XP and Windows 7 which have both been around for 10+ years). The Windows 10 builds which have normalized to a biannual YYMM build number released in March/April and September/October time frames, so you will see builds such as 1709, 1803, 1809 and so forth. Windows 10 life cycles are described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

TLDR Version: Each build in the consumer space is only supported for 18 months, so you will need to be on one of the last 3 builds 1809, 1903 or 1909 to continue to get support including security patches. 1809 will be EOL in May of this year.

It's best not to do that. How do you combat viruses or malware?If Windows 7 is attacked by a virus or malware, you'll be miserable.

I am sooo pi*sed that I'm being forced to "downgrade" to Windows 10. I tried it when it was free and really gave it a chance, but I couldn't stand it, so I rolled back to 7. It was like I could breathe again.

Now that they have ended support for 7 and fearing malwares and viruses, I'm forced to use Windows 10.
So I was wondering, can I roll back to the 10 which I rolled back to 7 from before? And then if I really can't stand again it again and decide to risk using Windows 7, can I get back to 7?
Answer (not yet given) Yes. Windows 10 has been registered with your computer .You should have no problem. But ne prepared for a massibve number of updates since you last used !0.
I agree with everything said in this thread. Wndows 10 has criticism, but, to date, is the most superior Os that has come out of Microsoft

Answer (not yet given) Yes. Windows 10 has been registered with your computer .You should have no problem. But ne prepared for a massibve number of updates since you last used !0.
I agree with everything said in this thread. Wndows 10 has criticism, but, to date, is the most superior Os that has come out of Microsoft

Thanks for answering. To confirm...so is it possible to upgrade to 10 (for free) and then (if I desired) roll back to 7? If yes, how can I go about upgrading?

Thanks for answering. To confirm...so is it possible to upgrade to 10 (for free) and then (if I desired) roll back to 7? If yes, how can I go about upgrading?

Hope that helps :up: It really is incredible easy . Just take your time.

Hope that helps :up: It really is incredible easy . Just take your time.

And my files and apps and their data? Will they all still be there?

I have a partition drive where I keep files as well, will that not be affected?

And my files and apps and their data? Will they all still be there?

I have a partition drive where I keep files as well, will that not be affected?
This video should assist in your endeavour

Back
Top Bottom