Windows 10 Good for 1, good for all

Drew

Banned
Someone in another forum asked if there was a way to have constant, fingertip, access to All Control Panel Items rather than just the Category view. Thought I would share my answer to them w/ y'all out of general interest.

I have found a way to have the All Control Panel Items permanently on Start.

Rt Clk on the Taskbar > Toolbars > Desktop Toolbar ( don't have to keep this after this exercise)
The Desktop Toolbar opens showing 2 Control Panel listings. One has an expand arrow. Go there & on the resultant menu is, @ the top of the list "All Control Panel Items". Rt Clk that & select "Pin to Start". Done Now you have what you wanted. And, now, you can drop the Desktop Toolbar if you want. This will only put a Tile on the start menu, no context listing. But, it can, from there, be Pinned to the Taskbar. Then, the Tile can be removed... maybe, you are like me & don't want or keep Tiles on the start menu.

Also, I keep GOD Mode pinned to the Taskbar. Can have that instead or as well as All Control Panel Items.

Cheers,
Drew

Windows 10OS.jpg

Easier (Perhaps) to scroll down the "All Apps" text menu to "Windows System" right click the Control panel from in there and pin to start. Or, if you are using the alternative so-called "Metro" screen, right click the Control Panel there and pin to start.

Easier (Perhaps) to scroll down the "All Apps" text menu to "Windows System" right click the Control panel from in there and pin to start. Or, if you are using the alternative so-called "Metro" screen, right click the Control Panel there and pin to start.

Dave,

That's why he asked... the one in the Windows Sys folder is Category View. And when you Pin the All CP Items View to start it only puts it as a Tile. I checked it all pretty thoroughly before I answered him.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Not at all clear on what you are suggesting, Drew. From the text menu, you can pin it to the start and yes, it is a live tile. You can also opt to pin it to the tasbar from the same source. The view will remain as you initally set it up. This is mine, for example, same from the taskbar, Live tile or text menu.

CTRL.PNG

Sorry if it's not stated clearly. Thanks for the picture. Yes, that, certainly, is the All Control Panel Items view (same) that I mentioned.

Fortunately the suggestion was clear to the fellow who had made the inquiry and gave him what he sought.

Cheers,
Drew
Windows 10OS.jpg

Back