Windows 8 Googlebar not working in IE 11

nichosi

Hi,

Google bar in IE 11 (w8.1) is enabled but does not show up, instead I get an X on left hand side.

Anybody knows how to get it to work?

Hi Nichosi,
have you looked under the settings tab for 'manage add-ons'? You should see Toolbars at the top and any related apps which hopefully should just need enabling.
I feel I must also warn you though that app such as Toolbars do make your system more open to attack as these are sometimes used as a way into the system. Please make sure your running decent anti-virus apps.

Did you see the actual Google Toolbar listed? If so was it enabled?

Yes was enabled.

With w8.1 what will happen if I use my w8 dvd will it repair my system?

Last edited:
It will also return your install back to 8 instead of 8.1. Have you tried re-installing the Google Tool bar? Got to Programs via the control panel and remove the Toolbar then simply re-install.

Thanx,

1. I did that with g.bar several times already with no use. I'll try repair.

2. Now with win8, from what you said if I use the w8 dvd it will get rid of 8.1 & revert to w8? it sounds simple.

I read that once 8.1 is in you cannot uninstall it.

This 8.1 was forced upon us without knowing it was upgrading.

I inserted the DVD in the w8.1 laptop, it asked for the ID nos. I made sure twice I typed them correctly, took ages to check them & then said are not the correct ones.

Did the same on my PC, typed same ID, it was accepted & proceeded to install but, I was not sure if the "Repair" would come up so aborted the install.

If it did not asked to repair & went installing w8 would I loose all I had on the system? ....nick

Thanx

The Enhanced Protected Mode was already Turned OFF (UNTICKED), further more I turned it ON & then OFF again with no result.

Hi Nichosi,
try running this app:
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Find command prompt right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Another thing you could try... If you can remember a time when the tool bar worked then you could go back to that time using System restore if you have the restore points in place.

Back