Windows 7 Hard disc not recognized during Windows 7 install

DMac

Help! I cannot figure why after loading the drivers for my mobo my HDD is still not being identified by Windows 7 install? after driver has loaded it still says no drive detected! I have the following setup:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H
Kindston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) 1333Mhz
1TB DESKSTAR 7200RPM 32MB Cashe HDD
Lightscribe DVD 24x Optical Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dennis

Help! I cannot figure why after loading the drivers for my mobo my HDD is still not being identified by Windows 7 install? after driver has loaded it still says no drive detected! I have the following setup:

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T
GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H
Kindston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) 1333Mhz
1TB DESKSTAR 7200RPM 32MB Cashe HDD
Lightscribe DVD 24x Optical Drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dennis

Dennis - are you talking about your 1TB Deskstar drive? That's puzzling for sure. Would you post a screen grab of what you're talking about. Have tried using the Disk Management section of the Computer Administration section in Control Panel?

Thanks for the replies. Here is the list of things that I have tried:

1. I have tried the drivers that came with the MB as well as download them from the MB website.

2. Updated BIOS to the latest version.

3. Tried install via USB.

4. Tried the SATA II ports instead of the SATA III ports.

5. Set BIOS to native IDE for install.

6. Took HDD back to get tested.

7. Researched numerous threads to find answers.

HERE'S WHAT DID IT!

I installed a drive that I had from an old PC via IDE and guess what, Windows install actually found the drive and was ready to continue without problems. Well I didn't want my OS to be installed on this HDD but it did lead me to trying another way to help Windows find the drive. I formatting my HDD with another computer then tried the install again and the drive was recognized this time but returned with the following code error "0xE0000100". So with a little more research I found that this error is caused because Windows did not identify one or more partitions on the drive. I setup a single partition on the drive and TADA! I now have Windows 7 installed, running and didn't even have to pre-install any special drivers!

It looks to me that Windows 7 needs these steps for an install on a brand new HDD because I have upgraded on other systems and completed clean installs to existing drives with no problems. I hope this eases anyone who has the same issues!

Dennis

Oh yeah, I'm getting my Corsair 1600 MHz memory back since I changed them out with the Kingston 1333MHz to insure the MB ran with the standard protocol and thought it had an effect on the install.

Back