Windows 7 Hard Drive Failure

jpjones1488

When I first got my pc running win 7 was giving me hd failure notices on one of my drives, and I disabled the warnings. How do I turn these warnings back on again?

Check your bios to see if there is an option there to enable/disable SMART.

Try this - open the group policy editor (gpedit.msc)

Click on: local computer policy, computer configuration, administrative templates, system, troubleshooting and diagnostics, disk diagnostic.

Double click on: disk diagnostic: configure execution level

Select the option "enable"

Hello jp,

Try clicking on the Action Center Icon located in the Notification Tray (flag in lower right taskbar), then click open, then expand the Maintenance;

335ck9j.jpg

If notifications have been turned off, under Drive Status, you should see "Turn On" in blue, just click to turn on.

Hope this helps,

Don

Hello jp,

Try clicking on the Action Center Icon located in the Notification Tray (flag in lower right taskbar), then click open, then expand the Maintenance;

335ck9j.jpg

If notifications have been turned off, under Drive Status, you should see "Turn On" in blue, just click to turn on.

Hope this helps,

Don

I don't see drive status in the action center.

Hello jp,

You've only disabled warnings for that particular drive, other than what's already been tried, you may want to try a "System Restore" to a point before you dismissed the warnings.

See if that will bring it back and keep us posted

Don

Anyone know if the chkntfs command might be of some help? Maybe using the /d switch would reset the system.

Chkntfs

Back