Windows 10 Hardware & Software issues in Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update

Hi

Since my freeze last week, and restore to get my computer working again my computer seems to be back to normal.
I haven't had any issues in 5 or 6 days at least.

I have my fingers crossed but things to seem to be working.

One thing I've noticed though is that, if I start my computer without turning on my monitor (something I do sometimes when I'm going to make coffee or something) that when I come back and turn my monitor on, my keyboard and some other things haven't loaded and I have to reboot to get them working.

This hasn't been the case for decades since the days of Windows 95 or thereabouts.
It used to be necessary to turn on your monitor first.

So now I have to make sure I turn on my monitor before I start the computer.

Pretty weird.

Mike

brkkab, by any chance did you look to see if there are any bios flashes dealing with any of your issues because that is a brand new board.

That's a shame as this was supposed to be the fix for all the issues. I had to ask about the bios....

It's turning out that it screwed up more than it fixed. It's really seems like Microsoft laid off the wrong people during the layoff's they did. Either that or they aren't listening about what the Insider's tell them and just releasing shit to get businesses to move to 10.

I'm unusual as far as pc's go, too. I check for software & driver updates every day. I do full malware scans daily with Bitdender Internet Security 2016, SUPERAntiSpyware Pro (real time protection disabled) & Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free. Then all 3 in Safe Mode to double check. I clean all junk files out numerous times a day.

Good point you do know that by the time work began on Windows 10, everyone who had participated in the design team for Windows 8 was gone and yet they still made considerable mistakes that made Windows 10 unpopular to businesses anyway, the clients they need the most to be successful. They just don't listen to anyone but themselves and in some respects it is like a death wish. I am with you hoping they fix this thing as I still have a raft of people who unfortunately were bullied into bad upgrades from 7 and 8 to deal with when I get back out on the road. Windows 7 was the best OS ever produced and for the life of me I cannot imagine why they didn't simply make the changes they needed to Windows 7 and everyone would have been happy.

W10 has been good to me.:ohyea: I've got it running on 5 of my machines; though I've only upgraded to v1607 AU on one of them so far. But have done several customer machines; some trickier than others. The only major issue I've had is that my Wall-E DVD wouldn't play on my W10 laptop (v1511 b10586.595)! awwww! And I downloaded both the MS DVD player for $14.99 and the newest VLC player. Most of you have read my rants on the AU not self-installing; that's going to make me money on W10 upgrades; but a lot of folks are ready to ditch W10 when they hear what they have to go through to get the ersatz W10.1! I'm still a fan; as my new signature testifies.

We'll see what happens next.:wink:
BBJ

No, that's just a joke. I know better and know I'd die if I did.
By sometime tomorrow, I'll know if the slowdowns & freezeups wer fixed by the 2 updates released today. I've had a few weird ones like any of my folders in File Explorer stating "We're work on it", my hdd disappearing until a restart (hdd is good and no clicking noises ever heard) and the 3rd one is either a Windows 10 or a Cyberlink issue. Cyberlink MediaSuite 14 Ultra's MediaShow 6 constantly freezes up while scanning my pictures folder. It already has all my videos showing up in it, but it freezes up on my pictures. Cyberlink has no newer updates listed for it.
Contacted them and am waiting to hear back from them.
One of my folders has over 100,000 picture in it and I have 1600+ folders in the pictures folder.
That's why I won't know if it was fixed until tomorrow. I'm not messing with MediaShow 6 until about 1 hour before I go to bed.
The Windows 10 Photos app has had issues, too. I let it scan my pc last week for over 6 hours. The wheel in it stopped spinning, I close it and re-opened it and the wheel only spun for maybe 10-15 seconds. Microsoft apparently updated the app and it's back to spinning forever, again.
From personal experience that app has had issues ever since Windows 10 was created. In my opinion it needs to be yanked and rewritten or done away with permanently.
I was a Insider until 10 was released to everyone last July. Going back to the 1st Insider Preview released at Build 2014.
I'll be the first to admit, I didn't mess with everything in 10 during that time. I only messed with what they changed in 10 compared to 8.1.

On W10 Photos App; MS marketing will call that a "Product Feature", and the fact that it's still not working a "Opportunity for you to help Improve Our Product"--even if your not fully committed to being a W10 Insider Tester like many of us including myself.
So, maybe W10.2, or W11 (which is not coming out--but, if I was a betting man it will be W12 as MS now has a penchant for skipping odd numbered versions of Windows! :iee: Hah!

I'm thinking about getting some W12 T-shirts made up with a slogan: W10 problems? on the front, and on the back W12 will fix all, don't worry! :D:teeth::rofl:

Good luck with the Cyberlink app. I was going to download that in addition to the MS DVD Player ($14.99) or the free VLC player as my W10 laptop won't play either the Wall-e DVD or the Matrix DVD. What were they thinking? :angered: Do you know how many millions of people who are fans of just these 2 movies are now tearing their hair out trying to fix? :waah: Thank goodness I can stream in W10 from Amazon Prime or Netflix.

BBJ :insanity:

Get the Cyberlink it has anything you can think of in MediaSuite. Tip, buy the upgrade version and install it. Same as the regular version, just lower price. I actually have upgraded as I've used it for atleast 5 years now. I found out though, the upgrad download and regular full priced versions are the same and either can be clean installed.
PowerDVD is superior to Microsoft's DVD Player. It also has numerous photo and video apps. It also has a media conversion app.
I have all my dvd movies, Blu-ray movies and over 100 downloaded YouTube concerts on my pc. Cyberlink's MediaEspresso has converted everyone into a format I want. I've got all at 1920x1080 wmv format.
I can use any of them on any Microsoft device I choose if I want.
It also has settings for other types of smartphones or media players.
If you have a smartphone get the MediaSuite Ultimate. It includes smartphone apps for IOS, Android and I think Windows Phone.
It's been over a year since I had a Windows Phone, so double check the Windows Store on that one.
Long story on why I don't have a smartphone anymore.

BIGBEARJEDI: Here's all the stuff you get with Cyberlink MediaSuite 14 Ultra.

Attachments

• CLMS14Ultra.PNG
    CLMS14Ultra.PNG
    364.3 KB · Views: 308
  • CLMS14Ultra2.PNG
    CLMS14Ultra2.PNG
    364.9 KB · Views: 311
After the 2 Windows 10 updates on Tuesday, my issues still exist. I was smart enough to start downloading and saving motherboard drivers for Windows 8.1.
I very well may be ditching Windows 10 for good. The only 2 things it has that I didn't have in 8.1 is Cortana and DX 12.
I don't really truly need either.
Nvidia & AMD both have Vulkan, so DX 12 truly isn't needed.
I can get by without Cortana. SearchEverything has always worked fine for me.

Hi

I can report that so far my computer seems to be back to normal, except for the having to turn the monitor on first thing.
But It hasn't done anything weird for a week now, and the 2 new updates didn't seem to mess anything up.

It's booting up in under 30 seconds and every thing is running with a crisp feeling.

Maybe I'll try and install Chrome again tomorrow and see if it messes things up again.

I'll make a new System Image file first.

Mike

What's up everyone. I've had issues with the AU as well. The installation will get up to 91% and then crash, throwing up the BSOD Security_Kernal_Check_Failure.
I've tried uninstalling my video drivers, reinstalling the latest. - Still same BSOD error
Taking out my video card, uninstalling video drivers. Running with mobo video drivers, updating them. - Still same BSOD error
Clean install - Still same BSOD error.
I think it's probably a driver/hardware issue with my motherboard. And I'm not getting a new motherboard just for the AU update. So until ASUS or Microsoft can fix it. I'm not in the AU cool kids club:(.

Back
Top Bottom