Windows 7 have x86 want x64

ourselfish

Hello, I signed up for the beta and was able to get a key for 32 bit version of windows 7 beta very exiting, Recently I purchased a new computer, ordered everything before feburary 10th, but wasnt able to get it togeather after some hardware issues. I have a considerable amount more ram and as I said would like to use the x64 bit version, have the doors closed on me despite having signed up for the 32 bit version?

I've got a valid key from a friend who also signed up and decided not to use it. My problem is this: it there anyway to get a valid copy of the x64 Beta software I've been able to get a 64 bit key :) where do I download the software.

There must be an option to re download the software, for this issue or for what ever reason need to re download the software, HDD failure, or whatnot.

~0urselfish

all copies of the 7 beta x64 release - are null?
Cant find it anywhere--

Torrents are reaching 99.9
Ive got a registered copy of the 32bit if anyone is interesting in trading.
or trying it out. Any information you can supply on the process, I know enrollment to the Windows Feedback Program is currently closed.

I'm going to post this anyway, then check out the supported ram for the x86 version.

http://windows7forums.com/

A download just finished!! after over 24 hours!
a little patience goes a long way, my dvds arrived today also W000t So for next whenever ill be installing win7 wish me luck.

So i guess uTorrent downloads the last few kb of a file very slowly, even though the file says complete its still downloading at like 1.2 k i burned a few dvds @ 1x speed with cdburnerxp there is a corrupted file on the system, yet there are no ..part files left on the drive, Another file finished downloading, then my xp system crashed, the system is hanging during chkdisk, so im gonna have to download and burn the os from my laptop. aaarg That means that both files which were potentially useful, I no longer have access to, unless for a miracle happens and the chkdisk finishes.

Im getting other odd issues, my second core is working extremely hard while the others sit nearly idle at about 2-3 percent, this leads the the second core, and GUI to lock up, i can slam alt+clr+del and open task manager and the system pops back automatically, after a few have been open, other issues include the system shutting down at random moments. I'm assuming that this is because I have 8, yes 8 GB of ram installed and its just to much for the os to process.

Got xxp running using the boot disk. sigh...

im going to re extract and burn the bottom image again, ill post again:
*if you have any suggestions or explainations.
heres an image of utorrent ddownloading completed files:
sxm49s.png

Same error as the last ISO error at x80070570
Link Removed - Invalid URL ... ost4254213

What do \"you\" think?

Quote:
Windows 7 Beta 64-bit Product Key

You may use the following product key to activate your evaluation copy of Windows 7 Beta 64-bit.

Product key: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****

Please print this page for your records.

We're sorry, but downloads are no longer available. Here are the Installation Instructions, Release Notes, and FAQ.

NOTICE ABOUT THE H.264/AVC VISUAL STANDARD. This software includes H.264/MPEG-4 AVC visual compression technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice:
THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE OF A CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERICAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C SEE HTTP://WWW.MPEGLA.COM

Anyone willing to post a copy of WIN7 X64 SOFTWARE, MUCH much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, ABLIGED.

Exploring Windows: Special Beta Edition
Dear Beta Participant:

Thank you for joining us on our shared journey to Windows® 7. The work we've done is largely based on the feedback we've gotten from you before and throughout the development process. We rely on beta testers, like you, to help refine the product before it's commercially released. If you haven't already installed the Beta, we want you to! Please refer to the Installation Instructions to get started.

As you test drive the Windows 7 Beta, we hope you'll see:
-
It's faster and easier to do the things you do every day through simplified navigation, easier connections to networks and devices you are using, and enabling better online experiences
-
Your PC works the way you want it to with faster boot-up and shut-down, better personalization, and more sensible tools for managing your PC
-
Inspiring new things you want to try, like more intuitive ways to interact with your PC and easy ways to share media across PCs in the same house

Additional Windows 7 content can also be found on the Windows 7 website.

While the Beta automatically reports crashes and bugs to Microsoft® over the Internet, we also invite you to participate in the Windows 7 Beta online forums, or to send feedback to us through the built-in Feedback tool.

We'll check back with you in about 10 days with more information about the Beta. To get more general information on Windows, make sure you're subscribed to the Exploring Windows newsletter. Thanks again for your investment in Windows 7.

Last edited:
Technically, if you have a valid key from a valid source, you can download the x64 version from torrents and use it that way legally.

here's the problem
sxm49s.png

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Ill re-post the topic when it is. Desperately need a solution.

Last edited:
follow the link, all of the downloads are reaching 99.9 percent, or are continuing to download but never finishing, getting closer and closer, its as if no one is hosing the complete file.

Ive burned two different win7 torrents at 1x speed with no programs runing and using a buffer both have had errors 0x8007570.

So you read the post; its nothing that cant be fixed easily, either in the bios, or with some new drivers or something, all of my hardware is legit, The Motherboard supports 16gb of ram, xp supports 3.5, I'm using 8 lol, the GPU is fine, and PSU is plenty large enough. I don't see what could be the Issue other than the scratched xp disc I used to install the os, and the various files I had to over look... lol.

If there was anything seriously wrong it wouldnt have loaded, the errors im getting while installing have nothing to do with my current OS but of the quality of the image burned onto the disc, which im guessing is not completing, and that Isn't a hardware issue; its a software issue. Anyway I wasnt on planing on using xp much longer thats why I'm here posting. Maybe I'll try using a different client to get the files, or load my copy of vista, if I have to.

Thanks any other comments or suggestions appreciated.

The issue is likely the fact that the hardware isn't properly supported, not that it's not enough or faulty. If you used the same disk on my PC, it would work, but won't on yours due to the hardware configuration you're using.

Edit: Wait, are you trying to install Windows 7 over XP?

No, installing on clean 40gb ntfs partition.
Its gotten to about 55 percent percent, before seeing an error.

**I'll try using a different client to get the files. What would account for the files being listed as 100% yet when I burn the Image its not complete... or corrupt in some way, The Dvds are brand new, non scratched - I'm burning at 1x with minimal processes, and a ram buffer, it should work. Q6600, with 3.5 GB RAM, and a decent CD DVD R.

Look at the files being downloaded
sxm49s.png

The Down Speed should read zero, maybe i just have to wait, but last night the when the first file finshed ETA was 24 minutes, now its downloading a 1.2 kB/s ETA 1d 10h.

*How can my hardware configuration be bad for Windows 7?

MSI P45 Platinum
Intel Core 2 Q6600 [18-22C]
MSI HD 4830
8gb OCZ Reaper 1066 MHz
650w Silverstone

*You think if I try to install with just 4GB?

Last edited:
... do you have any USB devices plugged in?
Or anything other than VGA connecting to your monitor?

Yes actually I have a web cam and a tablet plugged into the primary monitor.

HP 22w & HP 19, one has a HDMI to DVI the other VGA to DVI
*there are no USB slots on the 19 inch.

Last edited:
Unplug anything extra (so everything but mouse and keyboard) from the usb, and anything that's going into anything but the VGA port on the video card, then try again. Windows 7 has a bug in the beta that will not work if DVI/HDMI is used, or if any strange USB devices are used. These of course can be plugged in after the OS is installed and should work fine, but during install they cause issues.

When I run setup again I'll unplug every thing but a single monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I tried unpacking the first complete iso again.
! C:\Downloads\w7up\WINDOWS 7 BETA Ultimate 2in1.part090.rar: CRC failed in WINDOWS 7 BETA Ultimate 2in1.iso. The file is corrupt

I'm gonna wait another day, let this go, Instead of making more DVD drink coasters.
I have no idea how the ISO unpacked before with out errors. I still have it.

I'll check back tomorrow thank you for the help mate.

ok I can never sleep, lol, ill sleep when im dead, ok i burned a copy of win7 iso that i know works, and im getting the same error, removed everthing but the mouse keyboard and a monitor, dvi to vga. 0x80070570

Is there some bios option that I have to enable? Im at a total loss--

3.1.09 2:27
WEOO OK here's the update:

My XP OS crashed last night, the boot log was corrupt, and wouldn't even boot from CD anymore. I finished the new install this morning, and installed some missing drivers:

For one: updates for the Intel chips set? ROFL ROFL so needless to say I'm now using all 4 cores, I think, though it might need an update. ALSO! got it installed on a raptor partition this shit is sick, everything loads 10 times faster. You can imagine my excitement after running my processor at 1/4 speed! on a 3 year old SATA, and now there even a data transfer boost. And for what ever reason I couldn't get the Vista skin I liked installed. So I had to deal with that POS XP Themes. Having all your files stored on a separate hard drive makes shit easy. I can install my web updates, Java, flash, silver light, and .net, AVG, and Firefox all at once before logging on :D So from first boot to final boot, is only like 20-25 minutes :D. Feel better less needy to get 7 installed, I can take my time with that.

I found a decent looking torrent, for x64 7, there are more seeds than peers so its promising~

Last edited:
When I run setup again I'll unplug every thing but a single monitor, keyboard and mouse.

I tried unpacking the first complete iso again.

I'm gonna wait another day, let this go, Instead of making more DVD drink coasters.
I have no idea how the ISO unpacked before with out errors. I still have it.

I'll check back tomorrow thank you for the help mate.

ok I can never sleep, lol, ill sleep when im dead, ok i burned a copy of win7 iso that i know works, and im getting the same error, removed everthing but the mouse keyboard and a monitor, dvi to vga. 0x80070570

Is there some bios option that I have to enable? Im at a total loss--

3.1.09 2:27
WEOO OK here's the update:

My XP OS crashed last night, the boot log was corrupt, and wouldn't even boot from CD anymore. I finished the new install this morning, and installed some missing drivers:

For one: updates for the Intel chips set? ROFL ROFL so needless to say I'm now using all 4 cores, I think, though it might need an update. ALSO! got it installed on a raptor partition this shit is sick, everything loads 10 times faster. You can imagine my excitement after running my processor at 1/4 speed! on a 3 year old SATA, and now there even a data transfer boost. And for what ever reason I couldn't get the Vista skin I liked installed. So I had to deal with that POS XP Themes. Having all your files stored on a separate hard drive makes shit easy. I can install my web updates, Java, flash, silver light, and .net, AVG, and Firefox all at once before logging on :D So from first boot to final boot, is only like 20-25 minutes :D. Feel better less needy to get 7 installed, I can take my time with that.

I found a decent looking torrent, for x64 7, there are more seeds than peers so its promising~

Torrents never look too promising...
You should try re-downloading it once more from the official Microsoft page.
You could also try using other hdd with installed windows on it...etc...

It seems like have other issues, Sata drivers for one, I have no idea how iwas able to install xp on these drives with out them.

installed xp on an IDE, I removed some hardware, from the pc, a storage drive and an extra CD DVD R, then a few hours later reinstalled the storage drive and windows would not boot, I reinstalled XP on the SATA Storage drive fine.

Removed the storage drive with clean copy of XP, on it and installled it into the new Machine, IT booted!

A few days later after some weird errors, CRC errors and Random crashes, The OS Failed, or stopped working after installing 7 im not sure, I was trying multle images, and buring new dvds all day.

I reinstalled XP AGAIN on a SATA with no drivers, a W-D Raptor-- this is the update in bold mentioned above, installed some missing drivers this time! fixed the random OS crashes, Still getting CRC errors, Not sure at this point if it was hardware or software. My step today is to get the boot disc with the SATA drivers together and try to boot this previously installed (second) install of XP 32bit, and mount the windows 7 ISO on the virtual drive and install!

Torrents never look too promising...
You should try re-downloading it once more from the official Microsoft page.
You could also try using other hdd with installed windows on it...etc...

Windows 7 beta is no longer available for download after Feb 10th 2009, though Ive been downloading Win 7 x64 torrents for the last 3weeks im sure i have one or two that will work.

Last edited:
I reinstalled XP AGAIN on a SATA with no drivers, a W-D Raptor-- this is the update in bold mentioned above, installed some missing drivers this time! fixed the random OS crashes, Still getting CRC errors, Not sure at this point if it was hardware or software. My step today is to get the boot disc with the SATA drivers together and try to boot this previously installed (second) install of XP 32bit, and mount the windows 7 ISO on the virtual drive and install!

Windows 7 beta is no longer available for download after Feb 10th 2009, though Ive been downloading Win 7 x64 torrents for the last 3weeks im sure i have one or two that will work.

Hmm, well, I'm not sure what you mean by SATA drivers... I don't think that hdd need any drivers other than windows and other hardware drivers. But one thing is for sure. You didn't have to burn no DVDs because you can just open the ISO with WinRar and you can be sure of saving time on burning discs and if you want to make sure you won't have any burning errors. Just run it from WinRar, from even the same HDD I think it still will work. And as for mounting Win7 on XP. I haven't done it myself. So I don't know. Sorry.

But I do have some copies of Win7, beta and full. But it ain't x64. And also, I know that I said you can just copy already installed windows from 1 machine to another... Well it's not entirely correct. There might be some serious issues regarding hardware match. Because when windows is installed, it installs the hardware as well. And if you trying to boot hardware parameters from one machine to an enterly different machine, don't expect everything to work as you would expect. So the best solution is just install a Win7 directly from the machine you want to install it on... Keep that in mind.

Back
Top Bottom