holdum333

Banned
Hi! I'm curious if any one here has used any of the W10 recovery options. W10 has several ways to recover from mistakes. W10 has the old stand by Restore to a earlier time, but it has other ways to recover.
I would like to hear what experiences members have had with the other recovery options. I have only used the restore to a earlier time. I haven't felt the need to try the others. Would like to hear your experiences if you have used any of them!
Thanks for your replies!
If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use push-button reset to refresh or reset Windows.

Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling the OS while preserving the user data, user accounts, and important settings. All other preinstalled customizations are restored to their factory state. In Windows 10, this feature no longer preserves user-acquired Windows apps.

Reset your PC prepares the PC for recycling or for transfer of ownership by reinstalling the OS, removing all user accounts and contents (e.g. data, Classic Windows applications, and Universal Windows apps), and restoring preinstalled customizations to their factory state.

The options above are great for what they are intended for, but you could also do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything other than all installed Windows Updates.

This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do a repair install of Windows 10.

Solution
Hi @Neemobeer Thanks for your reply. Good information about Chkdsk and sfc /scannow. What I would really like to know about is the W10 in-place Up Grade. I keep telling myself I'm going to give it a try, but I haven't tried it yet. Also a little curious about the W10 reset options.
To me the W10 recovery options aren't that great as, I'm a back up image guy and I always have a Macrium Reflect image ready when my PC gets really messed up. Most users never use a back up program and they have no idea how to go about fixing their issues. I guess that's why we are here. It does seem to me that MS has tried a little harder to help users recover from issues with W10.
I'm not much for factory restore either. To much work and for me not...
Back