Windows 7 Headphones having a problem?

Dark Soul

I am guessing its my settings in windows 7 or something? I never touched them. They worked fine before till now. I can hear my music but I can't hear the people singing (well that supposed to be singing) in the background of the music anymore. What did I do?

I am guessing its my settings in windows 7 or something? I never touched them. They worked fine before till now. I can hear my music but I can't hear the people singing (well that supposed to be singing) in the background of the music anymore. What did I do?

This can happen in one of several ways... You're going to have to look through your audio settings and any software installed by your audio drivers ...

1) Your setup might be in Karaoke mode... left and right, no center channel.
2) You may have inadvertantly set multispeaker modes such as 5.1 or 7.1... In which case you're losing more than just singers.
3) Although it's highly unlikely the setup may be "out of phase"... in which case the center channel sound is being cancelled.

So my best answer is "look through all your settings"... I'm betting it's in there someplace.

Sorry if I may sound dumb. But uh.. Most of the stuff you just said didn't make any sense to me. I never even messed with the settings before. So can you direct me where I can check and stuff?

Sorry if I may sound dumb. But uh.. Most of the stuff you just said didn't make any sense to me. I never even messed with the settings before. So can you direct me where I can check and stuff?

The settings will be in control panel... either in your audio device's own applet or in the Sound applet.
I can't be more specific because every maker has their own way of doing things.

Be a little adventurous... click around in the various dialogs... look for things like "Karaoke mode" or "Speaker setup"... if it's a setting, you'll find it.

Try checking your start menu or control panel for settings relating to your audio set-up. Windows default sound settings can be found via the screenshot below:

Try checking your start menu or control panel for settings relating to your audio set-up. Windows default sound settings can be found via the screenshot below:

The screenshot you made is only directing me to give feedback about whatever? How will that fix my problem. :confused:

The screenshot you made is only directing me to give feedback about whatever? How will that fix my problem. :confused:

Ok.. I did another screenshot. In this one you can see where I've opened the settings up further. You can also where I've opened up the sound manager for my set-up. If you don't have one then you might need to update your drivers..

As CommonTater says it might take some playing around until you find the best setting..

Back
Top Bottom