Windows 7 Help a Noob with video card

maddnotez

Ok so I am going crazy trying to find out what video card I have installed. Is there an easy way to find this?

I dont know anything at all about computers. The best I could find was run some directx thing and it shows I have directx 11. However, I dont have the slightest idea what Directx is, is that the actual video card?

Anyway I just purchased a couple of games, although I never intended to play games on the computer it is what it is.

Before I put in the disk, I want to make sure its going to work.

The system requirements on the game state Processor : Pentium Intel Core 2 Duo family, along with 3.2 Ghz Pentium 4, 2.66 Pentium D so on and so forth.

Video Card: 256 MB Directx10 or Directx 9 compliant card with Shader model 3.0 or higher.

So this makes me think my video card is the Directx11, wich should be fine right? I cant find anything about how many MB it is, it just simply says Directx11.

But is my processor going to hanle it too???

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Also if you guys have any recommendations on a really good video card to get dont be shy..

Here is a list of some specs I figured would be useful. Some may not be related to game functionality in any way.

Intel Processor Class: Pentium Dual Core Processor Number: E5300 Processor Speed: 2.6GHz Processor Interface: Socket 775 Processors Supported: 1 Processors Onboard: 1 Additional Technologies: Execute Disable Bit Intel® Thermal Monitor 2 Intel® 64 Enhanced Intel® Speedstep Technology Memory Type: DDR3 Total Memory: 4.0GB Memory Speed: DDR3-1066 (PC3-8500) Hard Drives Included: 1 Hard Drive Types: Hard Disk Drive Interface: SATA 3G Capacity: 1TB Speed: 7,200RPM Optical Drives Included: 1 Optical Drive Type: Multi-Burner DL DVD±RW Optical Drive Class: DVDRW Interface: SATA Supplemental Media Type: Media Reader Capacity: 16-in-1 Audio Description: Integrated Audio Channels: 2.1 channel support Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics GPU/VPU: Intel GMA X4500 Graphics chipset LAN Data Transfer Rate: 10/100Mbps

Ok so I am going crazy trying to find out what video card I have installed. Is there an easy way to find this?

Download SIW from SIW | Download and you can easily find the make and model of your video card.

Back
Top Bottom