Windows 7 HELP!!! Can't see wireless laptop from wired desktop

andresma

I set up a home network and can't see the wireless laptop (pc2) from the wired desktop (pc1). It is weird because I can see pc1 from pc2, just not vice versa. I even set up a homegroup from pc1 and joined it from pc2. pc2 can also see pc1 from the created homegroup, but not vice versa. PLEASE HELP!

I set up a home network and can't see the wireless laptop (pc2) from the wired desktop (pc1). It is weird because I can see pc1 from pc2, just not vice versa. I even set up a homegroup from pc1 and joined it from pc2. pc2 can also see pc1 from the created homegroup, but not vice versa. PLEASE HELP!

Check and make sure these Services are Started on all Computers
Workstation
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Computer Browser
Make sure Network Discovery is turned on, on the Win 7 machines
Make sure file and printer sharing is enable on both and that local firewalls are supporting it. Temporarily uninstall any third party firewalls or Internet Security Suites that may include some type of Firewall applet.
Make sure NetBios over TCP/IP is enabled in the properties of IPv4 on you network.
Look for Bonjour service and temporarily set it to manual or disable and stop same with mdnsresponder. Also check services near the top for a peculiar string containing numbers and or special characters, disable and stop
Keep us posted

Back