Windows Vista Help me with me webcam please *o*

MarshallMathers

Logitech Webcams

Hey, so I have this Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 webcam. And for the first time of almost 3 years it happend something. Well, I inplug it like usuall and open the.. I don't know what it's called, but when you want to take a picture or make a video it says that the webcam is not connected though I know it's VERY connected. And so I tried to uinstall the cam and I thought I could easily install again. Because this cam installs by itself, but no no. And now I'm looking honestly everywhere on internet for something to download. Because I know that my webcam still works on MSN. But I need those options where you can construct the lightning/colours, and that little webcam icon. Please help me!

Yo, so I have this Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000 webcam. And for the first time of almost 3 years it happend something. Well, I inplug it like usuall and open the.. I don't know what it's called, but when you want to take a picture or make a video it says that the webcam is not connected though I know it's VERY connected. And so I tried to uinstall the cam and I thought I could easily install again. Because this cam installs by itself, but no no. And now I'm looking honestly everywhere on internet for something to download. Because I know that my webcam still works on MSN. But I need those options where you can construct the lightning/colours, and that little webcam icon. Please help me!

Welcome to the forums, MarshallMathers.

So far Logitech does not support Quickcam Pro 5000 under Windows 7.

1. If you have support CD, try installing XP/Vista driver on 7 in XP/Vista compatibility mode.

2. Try to manually install Microsoft standard driver (if it is their on the list):

http://windows7forums.com/tweaks-guides-howtos/28594-compatibility-mode-standard-drivers.html

3. In Pro & Ultimate versions of 7, you can use 7 XP mode virtual machine to use your web cam. Or use Microsoft Virtual PC.

Back