Windows 10 Please help me with my microphone sensitivity.

I've looked everywhere, and I can't seem to find anything that talks about the sensitivity of the microphone (NOT the volume).
I already know how to increase the volume of the microphone but that is not my issue, my issue is that my microphone doesn't pick up what I'm saying most of the time (or it barely does) but when it does pick it up it's very loud, meaning my mic is loud, but doesn't pick up sound. Please help me.

those really do look like killer headphones, phmwmm … and took only a couple minutes to find the info you requested. the best source of info is going directly to the manufacturer of the product … in your case www.razerzone.com is what you want to bookmark.

i have listed the specs directly below … for the headphone as well as the microphone.

aside from what you requested … i have also furnished you with several url's. at the bottom of my post. additionally, there is q&a regarding too-much / too-little mic-sensitivity within that page. the company is also happy to deal directly with customers … when the customer has questions not already answered … so, that url is also listed at bottom.

razerzone is committed to their customer's satisfaction … their website contains a dedicated section for software-drivers. often times, new equipment 'n peripherals come with outdated drivers … which require updating. there's also a 29pg owner's-guide (pdf) … just waiting for your eyes to scrutinize. the pdf specifically instructs the consumer on every aspect of configuring 'n calibrating the mic's sensitivity. this is not the mic's volume-control … this is the mic's sensitivity … and it needs calibration, phmwmm.

so, phmwmm … enjoy your new razer … and have a very merry christmas!!!

d6afa681dd66bb01d6b146287f83d5f5-razer-kraken-71-tech-spec.png
Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
Active noise-cancelling digital microphone for crystal-clear communication. A fully retractable microphone with active noise-cancellation* ensures crystal clear communication. Cut through the noise at the loudest LAN parties and eSports tournaments to ensure your team is always hearing your coordinations loud and clear.
*Noise-cancellation only available on PC​

Tech Specs
Headphones:

Frequency response: 12 Hz – 28 kHz
Impedance: 32 Ω @ 1 kHz
Sensitivity (@1 kHz): 123 dB
Input power: 30 mW (Max)
Drivers: 50 mm, with Neodymium magnets
Inner ear cup diameter: 56 mm / 2.2 in
Connection type: USB Digital
Cable length: 2 m / 6.6 ft
Approx weight: 346 g / 0.76 lbs​
Microphone:
Frequency response: 100 Hz – 10 kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio: > 55 dB
Sensitivity (@1 kHz): -38 ± 3 dB
Pick-up pattern: Active noise-cancelling*, unidirectional MEMS boom
*Available on PC Only​
System Requirements
PC / Mac
Windows 7 / Mac OS X 10.9 (or higher)
Internet connection for driver installation
At least 100 MB of free hard disk space​

Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 - Surround Sound Gaming Headset
Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 | Razer Support
RazerSupport - Contact Us

Last edited:
Wow, thank you so much pnamajck, I really appreciate people who take time to help others. I can't express how annoying this has been for the past few days, so again, thank you very much.

so … seems the issue has been resolved? you're welcome, phmwmm … hope you enjoy that new device. drop by once in a while … there's more to windowsforum.com than meets the eye.

Back
Top Bottom