Windows 7 Help needed! Network adapter problems

Keith263

Hello Windows 7 Forum,

I have just installed Windows 7 64 Bit on a home build system, everything went ok apart
from (and after more than a week of trying) wirelessly connecting to the internet.
I have tried a:

Belkin 7050uk usb adapter
Linksys WUSB600N usb adapter
Netgear WN111 usb adapter
linksys WMP600N PCI adapter

All attempts have failed, despite downloading the latest drivers and installing in compatibility
mode. The Linksys WUSB600N briefly connected in Vista 64 Bit compatibility mode (though not
without installation problems), but on sleep or restart the network could not be found.
All the devices were reported as working correctly and drivers installed successfully.
I have seen lots of posts on forums with the same issues, yet some are able to fix this and others
like myself have tried all the fixes but are still stuck.
Sorry about the long winded description but I am becoming perplexed.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Keith263

According to this the Linksys WUSB600N usb adapter is 64 and 32 bit Windows 7 Compatible http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Linksys%20Dual-Band%20802.11n%20USB%20Wireless%20Network%20Adapter&v=Linksys&uid=WUSB600N&pf=0&pi=2&c=Networking&sc=Wireless%20Network%20Cards&os=32-bit
So I would agree with Drew, figure out where you're at with your router. Not sure if you have a hardwire ethernet option but if you do, fire up windows update and see if they do any better with the WUSB600N drivers

Thanks for the responses guys,

I have a Thomson 585v7 router supplied by the broadband supplier.
I don't know how to upgrade the firmware but I have read on other
forums that it could be locked, and as we have two laptops that work
ok on this network I am very hesitant to change any settings.
I don't have a hardwire ethernet option due to different locations of desktop
and router, but I have tried all the latest drivers.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance but 'cloning the MAC address'?
Although I have been using computers for many years this is my first build,
could be a little bit out of my depth!!
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Linksys drivers but although the device is working
and shows up in Devices and Printers I cannot get a connection (not even in compatibility mode).
Thanks again for your advice, I may have to sit this out until Lynksys reinstate the Windows 7
drivers that they removed off the support site or a fully compatible product is released.

Regards Keith263

Hi reghakr,

The problems with a home build desktop, the Sony VAIO and MacBook Pro work fine.

Regards Keith263

Back
Top Bottom