Windows 7 help not connected, wireless networks available

vladie

hello, i don't know what's the cause of this problem and how to solve it.
the icon says i am not connected and there is a network available but i am actually connected!
can anybody help me regarding this? it's kinda annoying..
thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

You might try by disconnecting your modem/router from your computer. Wait about 10 seconds and then reconnect it and restart your computer. That may do it.

You can also unplug your modem/router and then after about 10 seconds plug it back in.

Last edited:
Have you tried to reinstall it? If you haven't try that. Disconnect your router/modem from computer. Restart computer and then hook it up. If that doesn't work, hang in there, someone may be able to help. I am know expert but just mentioned what I had to do for mine.

Can you open up a command prompt with administrator rights and do a ipconfig /all and post the results here please.

When you click on the wireless icon, it should list any networks you are receiving. Is this what you are looking at?

At the top of the window, it states you are not connected? But you do have internet access?

Do you see your network listed in the lower part of the window?

What is the icon showing exactly, a red x or a yellow triangle?

Are you using the wireless adapter? If so. open the Device manager in the Control Panel,and open, Network adapters. If you see an Ethernet adapter there, right click it and disable it. See if that solves the problem.

Have you tried to reinstall it? If you haven't try that. Disconnect your router/modem from computer. Restart computer and then hook it up. If that doesn't work, hang in there, someone may be able to help. I am know expert but just mentioned what I had to do for mine.

i tried to re-install the driver, disconnect the router, restart.. all of that didn't work.

Can you open up a command prompt with administrator rights and do a ipconfig /all and post the results here please.

here are the screenshots

ipconfig1.pngipconfig2.pngipconfig3.png

When you click on the wireless icon, it should list any networks you are receiving. Is this what you are looking at?

At the top of the window, it states you are not connected? But you do have internet access?

Do you see your network listed in the lower part of the window?

What is the icon showing exactly, a red x or a yellow triangle?

here

pic.png

Are you using the wireless adapter? If so. open the Device manager in the Control Panel,and open, Network adapters. If you see an Ethernet adapter there, right click it and disable it. See if that solves the problem.

i found VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter, i disabled it but it didn't solve the problem.

Last edited:
Enter the router config. You will find an option there, concerning ssid broadcast. Disable it and try again.

Referencing your picture of the connected networks, when you do not broadcast an SSID it will show as "Other Network". But if that is your wireless network, the signal is too weak.

Can you explain the "printer server" network you seem to be connected to?

If you right click on a network and look at properties, there are options for connecting automatically and connecting even if the SSID is not being broadcast. If the printer server is not your wireless router, perhaps remove the option to connect automatically. If it is your wireless router, then you are connected as you would like.

If the Unidentified Network is not what you want to be connected to, right click and select disconnect, then adjust the settings so it will not connect by itself.

Unidentified Network is for the Virtual Box, I already disabled it.

About the "Other Network" and the "printer "server", it is my wireless network.
It's hidden, so, I click first the Other Network and type the SSID which is printer server.

It looks a little strange, if they were the same network, that the signal strengths should be the same.

Make sure and check out allowing connection even if not transmitting SSID so you don't have to type that in every time.

You need to attach another picture of your wireless connections. I had that symbol once, but I don't remember what was causing it.

But other networks might be involved, like a Bluetooth.

While you are taking pictures, type ncpa.cpl in the Start Menu search box and post a picture of your network adapters.

Do you have a profile set up for your network? When I turn off broadcast SSID, and use the Other Network to sign on, I am given a different profile for the connection, which usually means a 1 or 2 or some other number after the profile/SSID name. I can get the little sun on my icon, but it goes away as soon as I connect. Yours shows connected but still has the sun, so I must assume it is looking at another type of network. Or the way you are signing in is confusing it.

You did not answer the question about why the signal strength shows different values for the same network..... Mine show exactly the same for the network. The strength of yours might seem to suggest it is next door...., :confused:

Back