Windows 7 [HELP] Running games on NEW Laptop Windows 7 64 Bit

domoflow

Hi guys. I am totally new to Windows 7 so please guide me here. I recently got a new laptop, and I tried installing Steam and its games(Half Life 2, CS: Source) and Spore. Steam is fine, but the games all show me a black screen or hangs after the Valve head logo. I have read several threads on compatibilty issues, tried clicking 'Properties' then 'Run in compaitibilty' but to no avail. Could someone please help me out here?

Specs:
ASUS A42JV
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5-520M 2.4ghz
nVidia Geforce GT 335M
4gb DDR3

Hi guys. I am totally new to Windows 7 so please guide me here. I recently got a new laptop, and I tried installing Steam and its games(Half Life 2, CS: Source) and Spore. Steam is fine, but the games all show me a black screen or hangs after the Valve head logo. I have read several threads on compatibilty issues, tried clicking 'Properties' then 'Run in compaitibilty' but to no avail. Could someone please help me out here?

Specs:
ASUS A42JV
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i5-520M 2.4ghz
nVidia Geforce GT 335M
4gb DDR3

I have also updated my NVIDIA drivers and installed the June DirectX updates. And also ticking 'Run as administrator'. Problems still persist!

Go into the nvidia control panel and try making sure the settings are not set to forced options such as AA on etc, see if that makes any difference

Back