Windows 10 Help, turn off webcam light on Asus laptop with Windows 10

Hi people,

I´m trying to turn off the webcam light of my Asus laptop (detailled info in my profile) with Windows 10 because of recently robery near to my house in Brasil.
I just downloaded the software PREY to find out who is that, if someone steal my laptop, so that I can find it and have a chance to get it back. The problem is that when the software takes pictures from the laptop the light besides de camera starts to flash. This is not good because informs to the potential thief that he or she is being photographed. Someone knows how to turn off the light of the webcam?
I would be glad to hear about you ;)
Best regards
Laura

Threads merged to save confusion. Please do not double post.

Hi people,

I´m trying to turn off the webcam light of my Asus laptop (detailled info in my profile) with Windows 10 because of recently robery near to my house in Brasil.
I just downloaded the software PREY to find out who is that, if someone steal my laptop, so that I can find it and have a chance to get it back. The problem is that when the software takes pictures from the laptop the light besides de camera starts to flash. This is not good because informs to the potential thief that he or she is being photographed. Someone knows how to turn off the light of the webcam?
I would be glad to hear about you ;)
Best regards
Laura
Hi Jessy i am also using asus laptop and i want to know that have you found how to turn off led flash of webcam?

and my thoughts are that the light is a worthy security feature that should not be manipulated. just forget about the light, and learn some good programming skills. maybe you can create operating system that beats microsoft at their own monopolistic game … rather than getting in over your heads with hacking.

oh, yah … welcome to windowsforum.com :)

Hi

Could you just put a small piece of black electrical tape over it.
I've done that on occasion.

Mike

Back