Windows 7 Homegroup Libraries won't open

hellic

Hi! I'm having trouble sharing my files between two Windows 7 computers, one 32-bit and one 64-bit but both build 7100. I've got the comps connected in a LAN with a Linksys WRT54G ver. 6 router (updated firmware).

The two comps are in the same Homegroup, with the network discovery, file sharing, etc. turned on and password protection turned off. I can see the homegroup libraries of one computer from the other (i.e. the 32-bit homegroup/libraries is visible from the explorer window of the 64-bit comp).

However, I cannot open any of the library folders. I double-click but it does nothing.

As a test, I shared a random folder (Contacts) on the homegroup. The folder is visible from the other comp, but when I try to access it Windows gives the error "The network path was no found (error code 0x80070035)". Diagnosing the problem does nothing.

The same error appears when I try accessing the other comp from the Network explorer. I tried using user accounts and passwords to connect instead of using the homegroup, but the network error also appears.

Any help?

Back