Windows 7 Horizontal sync? Tearing? Lines?

graemeakerby

Hello,

I'm not sure of how to explain this but when playing videos and games on my LCD TV or LCD monitor there is sometimes a tearing of the image, usually during a great amount of movement. I have tried turning vsync on in games and it didn't solve the issue, just dropped frame rates. So I'm wondering now what the issue is, is it "horizontal sync"? And how can that be fixed. I have Crossfire ATI Radeon 5750 graphics cards, running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a bug fix or something? What other info do you need from me to fix the issue?

Thanks.

Hello, I have it set on 60hz as both monitors run at that. The tv then converts it to 100hz. My laptop is 60hz and have never experienced this issue there.

For optimum viewing performance it's usually best to run a monitor at it's fastest refresh rate.. Give it a try and see if it helps.

It only goes upto 75hz at a lower resolution. Are you sure there is no other option for removing the problem?

Hmm.. You could try installing Rivatuner. This app is normally used for overclocking and monitoring of graphic cards but contains within it an app called D3DOverrider. This is a much stronger version of vsync and may prove helpful in your case?

RivaTuner

Back
Top Bottom