Windows 7 How do I activate the touch features?

Anton

Hey there, I'm new to this forum :)
Recently I bought a touch screen for my netbook (from china). It works great and all but the real touch functions aren't enabled and I don't know how to enable them. When I first connected the touch screen panel (it's USB connected) Windows recognized it as a touch panel and enabled all the touch functions. But I had to install the touch drivers to calibrate the screen and when I did that, the touch features got disabled.
Does anyone know how I can enable them manually? With "touch features" I mean like scrolling by touching and dragging the screen etc etc, right now when I do that, it acts like the mouse so it just marks the text instead of scrolling.
Thanks /Anton

Hello, Anton, Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums.
You could try un-installing the Calibration program, now that you have your screen calibrated and see if your "features" come back.

Yeah, I have tried it before and I just tried it again. The "Flicks" gets enabled (touch functions) but the touch panel gets uncalibrated, like totally... When I drag the finger to the left, the cursor goes to the right :p But there must be a way to enable it manually? I just can't find it in the control panel when I have the drivers installed...

Yes I do.. But it's like when I connect the touch panel, windows recognizes it as a touch panel. But when I install the drivers, it's like if Windows is told that it's not a touch panel..

Would you give us the model of the touch screen so we can check the drivers. Maybe yours are not Win 7. Can you install some software without installing drivers?

OK, try uninstalling the driver, unplugging the touchscreen, restarting your PC, running the driver installer you got from wherever you got it, plug in the USB touch screen upon instruction to do so.

Would you give us the model of the touch screen so we can check the drivers. Maybe yours are not Win 7. Can you install some software without installing drivers?

Link Removed - Invalid URL here are the drivers (it's for acer aspire one D150/250). I know the drivers are for Windows Vista, but it must be possible to make Windows 7 see it's a touch screen?
Is there any way I can calibrate the touch screen with Windows instead of in the driver installation?
Or is there any way I can tell Windows that it IS a touch screen, after I've installed the drivers?

Hmm isn't that for linux? :p When I click on download I only find a tar.gz file..

WOOOOPPPS. :$
Here.. The application should work with your driver (we hope)
Link Removed - Invalid URL

That didn't work either =( But after some hard googeling I found this thread: Link Removed - Invalid URL
It's for the EEEpc or whatever it's called but it worked for me :) Post number 19 in that thread explains it all. I uninstalled my driver and then downloaded and installed the program he's linking to (Link Removed due to 404 Error). Then I did the 25 point calibration and it works like a charm :D Tho, I have to say, the "finger scrolling" in Windows 7 really sucks... Sometimes it scrolls (it's not really scroll tho, it's like page down) but sometimes it just marks text..
Anyways, thanks for the help :) Everything is working fine now.

We're glad you've fixed your problem, sorry we couldn't have better assistance
Thanks for using the Windows 7 Forums! See ya around.

Back
Top Bottom