Windows Vista how do i get rid of the yahoo search bar?

tuckatangent

How do I get rid of the yahoo search bar on the task bar? It's taking up space and I never use yahoo to search. Thanks, I have Vista Home Premium.

HP Advisor

It may be that the user is referring to a taskbar item on HP computers with Windows Vista. The yahoo search feature is actually part of something called "HP Advisor". To remove, you have to right click on the taskbar, select toolbars, and select HP Advisor.

ahhhh.....thank you, that's what I was looking for.

ahhhh.....thank you, that's what I was looking for.
It may be that the user is referring to a taskbar item on HP computers with Windows Vista. The yahoo search feature is actually part of something called "HP Advisor". To remove, you have to right click on the taskbar, select toolbars, and select HP Advisor.

Thanks You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the exact same problem THANK YOU it was really starting to get annonying.

Yes!

finally i got rid of tat crap...
its really annoying.. its like a virus to me.. >.<
thank u SO much dude!

Thanks!

I was lookking for a way to get rid of that stupid Yahoo! bar on the Internet, but people don't read the question and explain how to get rid of the Internet Explorer toolbar istead. -.-

One toolbar down. :)

Yahoo on taskbar

I tried the above--I managed to get rid of HP Advisor, but still not Yahoo! This is exasperating. Help!

I have a new HP a6130 and a new HP Officejet J5700. I originally downloaded the new driver recommended. 1. I tried this to get rid of Yahoo! (problem 1). It hasn't worked, though I did manage to remove the HP Advisor, but Yahoo! is still there. Problem 2: I have only Add Hardware in my Control Panel, and find no icon anywhere for the printer in Add/Remove (where did Remove go??), although at one point I was printing with this printer! Now it has stopped printing, only piles up print orders (I periodically remove these). When trying to Uninstall and then reinstall, I find no file for it in my Add (only add, no remove!) icon in Control Panel. When trying to re-install anyway, a dialog box tells me this printer cannot be used with Vista (although I was doing so until I stopped getting the special run-around dialogs to print backs of the pages with two-sided (manual) printing checked off. (original reason I started messing with the printer). Now I can't do anything, can't even start over, or print one page. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!!!
I searched a lot to get to this solution, didn`t know that the HP advisor had that search bar plugged in... too bad for HP...

Thank youuuuuuuuuu

Thank you so much!!

Thank you for telling me how to get that damned yahoo search off!!!! I hated that thing.

Thanks!

Thanks for this info. Simple solution, but I couldn't figure it out. :)

Thanks again!!!!

thanks

Thank u soooooooooooooooo much... that thing is so anoying

Re: HP Advisor

Thanks also from me. You are a star man.

Thanks! That worked great. Stupid HP for putting all this extra crap on my shiny new machine...

Thanks much for the tip. I probably should have thought of that myself...I expected it to be in the program files though.

Back