Windows Vista how do i get rid of the yahoo search bar?

Another thanks... I've been trying to get rid of this for a long time, and now it's gone!

These are old posts, but here is the correct solution: From Internet Explorer, Go to Tools>Internet Options>General>Search>Settings. From here you'll Remove Yahoo, and when you do, you'll be asked to choose a preferred search provider. A window will come up offering you many choices. You can select your choice and then click Set as Default. Then return to the previous window and click Remove on the Yahoo line.

It took a while, but I finally figured it out!

Re: HP Advisor

Thank you, that did the trick.

It may be that the user is referring to a taskbar item on HP computers with Windows Vista. The yahoo search feature is actually part of something called "HP Advisor". To remove, you have to right click on the taskbar, select toolbars, and select HP Advisor.

Re: ahhhh.....thank you, that's what I was looking for.

Hey thanx this helped me toooooooooooo

Re: HP Advisor

It may be that the user is referring to a taskbar item on HP computers with Windows Vista. The yahoo search feature is actually part of something called "HP Advisor". To remove, you have to right click on the taskbar, select toolbars, and select HP Advisor.

You are a bloody hero in my books.

hhhuuuuh thank you so much I was searching how to remove that yahoo search on google :) it was very anoing :p

Back