Windows 7 How many of you are want to beta test Windows 8?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I beta tested Windows 7 and it was a lot of fun.
I ran it dual boot with XP, but once I installed 7 I almost never went back.

I'm a chronic beta tester anyway, I've beta tested more online games then I can remember going back to the original Asheron's Call.
Last year I did DC Universe and Rift.

I'm thinking about doing the same with Windows 8 and 7 together.

How many of you are planning on being one of the first to run W8?

Mike

Most definitely, at the earliest opportunity. Scouring everything and everywhere for any early leaks.

I was, by random choice, I believe, and luck) on the Window Vista and through Winsow 7 Beta testing. I (according to my family- lol!) spent too much time at the keyboard. I was apprehensive when the gossip started concerning Window 8. I was finally tempted and had a look at a recent Windows 8 build.

It is so similar to Windows 7, that the one enormous + is that there will not be the huge relearning curve which was needed between XP and Vista/Windows 7. I am running it as a dual boot but, early days, cannot detect any mind blowing differences so far. Always the pessimist, I am beginning to think that this is now a successor to Windows 7, but an alternative OS, designed primarily for tablets, but with stationary functionality.

I'll be beta testing it. Looking forward to the ARM version as I want to test it on a tablet.

I hope to get involved, just as I did with early uptakes of Vista betas and Windows 7 betas (not that MS listened to my feedback about dropping 32bit support and ditching XP altogether in order to push the envelope for gamers)

I'm hoping to be involved in beta testing Windows 8.

By the time I downloaded Windows 7 beta, Microsoft had already passed the point of needing responses from their beta testers.

I will test it like I have everything since windows millennium (ugh). It already seems to be fairly stable.

I will for sure, I have been screwing up my test system for years with new software of one kind or another. :)

I'm currently using a leaked build (o_O), but we should see more information regarding a beta later in September (after the MS BUILD conference).

I shall be replacing my Windows 7 once the beta's out.

I did that with some many of my Vista/XP computers, not thinking that eventually I would have to buy licences for every single one them.. Didn't backup my programs prior to upgrading either. Don't make that mistake! :shame:

Back