Windows 7 How to block all internet traffic in Windows (7) Firewall... by a few clicks?

gabiibag

Hi there, I'm new on this forum. My question is......"Is there possible in Windows Firewall to block all the internet traffic just by a few clicks?" I mean like the other firewalls just by selecting "Block all traffic"... (a right click on the tray and select this option) or (enter in the firewall window and click on a button -> Block all traffic). Is there a method or a button that i haven't discovered? Or there are some fast steps in which i can do this thing? I'm using Windows 7. Thank you anticipated!

Hi there, I'm new on this forum. My question is......"Is there possible in Windows Firewall to block all the internet traffic just by a few clicks?" I mean like the other firewalls just by selecting "Block all traffic"... (a right click on the tray and select this option) or (enter in the firewall window and click on a button -> Block all traffic). Is there a method or a button that i haven't discovered? Or there are some fast steps in which i can do this thing? I'm using Windows 7. Thank you anticipated!
Try this and see if it works for you.
click the start orb and type
firewall
and hit enter
in the left column select outbound rules
in the center pane select then right click Core Networking DNS (UDP-Out) and choose properties
Bottom radio button "Block the connection"
OK
You'll need to flush your DNS cache to make it complete.
Close your browser
open a command prompt and type
ipconfig /flushdns.
That's it.
Easy to change and easy to change back.
Regards
Randy

I will normally just disable my network adapter. There are several ways you can do this and at least two are through the Network and Sharing Center.

I will normally just disable my network adapter. There are several ways you can do this and at least two are through the Network and Sharing Center.
That would surely do the trick Clark.
But I thought based on the OPs question that he just wanted to block "internet traffic" using the "windows firewall" and not block or stop all network traffic, but I may have misunderstood.
Regards
Randy

I used to run ZoneAlarm which had the button in the tray so I assumed the OP was referring to something like that. Made it very easy to cut off access in a situation where you suspected some malware was messing with your system.

I no longer need to turn off my internet connection on my computer since the cable modem I have now, has a disconnect button built in.

If i cannot BLOCK ALL THE INTERNET TRAFFIC (i mean no program can access the internet) through my Windows Firewall... how can i do that in Network and Sharing Center?
I have internet by cable so in the tray in windows taskbar i do not have the option to disconnect! So if Windows Firewall doesn't have this option as a normal firewall...how can i do this thing without unplugging the internet cable? Thankyou anticipated!

GoTo Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections >> Local Area Connection (If you right click you can make a shortcut)

LocalArea.png

It is unlikely that you are going to be able to find one firewall setting to block all program traffic to and from the internet without impacting local area networking (file and printer sharing). Try this and see if it gives you what you want.
Click the start orb and type
firewall
hit enter
in the left column (navigation pane) right click the top branch (Windows Firewall with Advanced Security on Local Computer) and choose properties.
You will see three profile tabs and they are pretty much self explanatory but perform the following tasks on all three profiles
Inbound connection drop down choose Block all connections
and
Outbound connections drop down and choose Block
OK your way back out of there and see what you have.

I want to allow my kid to use only 3 websites on her home computer. It is strictly for homework. How do I do this?
Hi George,
sorry your post was missed are you still in need of help? Post back with the name of your operating system if you do..

My favorite way of adding things to/from the Windows Firewall is Tweaking.com's right click app which you can find here.

Back