Windows 7 How to disable some strange windows 7 "features"

docweathers

Extraordinary Member
1) If when dragging a window you bump the top edge of the screen it will make the window full screen. Since I never like to use full screen this is very annoying. How I turn it off?

2) Sometimes when attempting to move the cursor the screen will scroll instead of the cursor moving. What causes this and how can I turn it off?

3) Sometimes a spiraling arrowhead will appear near the cursor. Sometimes it spirals right and sometimes it spirals left. What triggers it. What does it mean and what are you supposed to do with it? Ho do you turn it off?

4) Sometimes a bold with arrowheads above and below it will appear. What causes this. What does it mean and what are you supposed to do with it and how do I turnoff.

Thanks Larry

1) If when dragging a window you bump the top edge of the screen it will make the window full screen. Since I never like to use full screen this is very annoying. How I turn it off?
I believe you are talking about the windows "Aero Snap" feature. If you really want to turn it completely off, read this article, read all the way to the bottom it describes a way to turn it off, without the registry edit using the mouse settings in the control panel. Remember editing the registry can cause some serious problems if you do it incorrectly. Link Removed - Not Found
2) Sometimes when attempting to move the cursor the screen will scroll instead of the cursor moving. What causes this and how can I turn it off?
If this is a laptop, check in the control panel for your synaptic touchpad utility and adjust the sensitivity. If not it may be a mouse driver issue, if you have some type of special mouse
3) Sometimes a spiraling arrowhead will appear near the cursor. Sometimes it spirals right and sometimes it spirals left. What triggers it. What does it mean and what are you supposed to do with it? Ho do you turn it off?
I believe that you are talking about the new visual representation of the old hour glass, I think it just means your machine is working/busy, so you can't turn it off
4)
Sometimes a bold with arrowheads above and below it will appear. What causes this. What does it mean and what are you supposed to do with it and how do I turnoff.
A bold what with arrowheads above and below what will appear, I think maybe this is a result of a third button click on your mouse or a center wheel click which provides for auto scrolling, just don't click the center wheel or third button

Back