Windows 7 How to Fix Missing Gadgets In Windows 7 (Tutorial)

Yeah right, I guess you don't want to use any old gadgets downloaded from the internet. But the default ones that come with the system, must be safe. I am running them on 6 systems and never had the slightest problem - knock on wood, LOL.

The only problem I had was with IE11. That makes the gadgets either disappear or corrupt them. I have to check whether the methods proposed in the tutorial can fix that.

To users who are reading this thread.......

While it is your decisions in regard of using side bar gadgets, Microsoft has, long ago, issue a serious warning against using sidebar gadgets.

Please read this. There are many more of same subject in the web.

Microsoft Urging Customers To Disable Windows Gadgets
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-8-Sidebar-Gadgets-Security-Advisory-Black-Hat,16265.html

I couldn't agree more...if anyone is using them, you're using them at your own risk. When MS released that warning statement I immediately uninstalled them.

Thanks for the message guys. I've used the gadgets for a long time, I've never had any issues with them.
Hopefully it stays that way.

Dawn Branchea, worked in Sea World for 15 years. Never a ptoblem until that fateful day.

The morale of the story : It might not have happened to you, but that does not mean danger is not there. It's there, waiting to happen.

Do it at your own risk.

Danger is everywhere. If you go by that, you should never get out of bed - and then, most people die in bed. LOL

Life is full of dangers.
The only way to combat is to avoid KNOWN dangers. That's the best we can do.
Knowing there is possible danger but declining to avoid it is Stubbornness..........at best.
Live by the sword, die by the sword.

I don't use gadgets because of security issues. I don't use gadgets because they take up system resources and slows down any PC. It doubles boot up time, etc. Those gadgets connect to the internet automatically to update themselves. You'll never know if someone is accessing your computer remotely through those gadgets that you've given permission and full access to your PC.

I have a portable place for gadgets (aka "apps").... my SMARTPHONE.

Last edited:
I don't use gadgets because they take up system resources and slows down any PC.
What kind of a PC is that. I have 3 gadgets (clock, weather and CPU meter) running all the time plus the webradio and my CPU is at 3% and my RAM at 22%. Should I be worried about a performance impact ?

What kind of a PC is that. I have 3 gadgets (clock, weather and CPU meter) running all the time plus the webradio and my CPU is at 3% and my RAM at 22%. Should I be worried about a performance impact ?

Then it does take up resources. I am not very particular about how many % but you just proved my point. Thank you. I hate computers that boot up for more than 60 sec.

My computer boots in 15 seconds - is that bad. And 23 seconds to completely restart.

Dell US.png

No, not hibernate. I don't use that. These are cold boot numbers. And the reboot is a shutdown cycle, BIOS cycle and boot cycle all together in 23 secomds. I think that is pretty fast.

No, not hibernate. I don't use that. These are cold boot numbers. And the reboot is a shutdown cycle, BIOS cycle and boot cycle all together in 23 secomds. I think that is pretty fast.
that is pretty fast for sure.

That is an excellent time. I also have 3 external disks attached 1x eSata SSD, 1x USB3 SSHD and 1x USB2 HDD.

Back
Top Bottom