Windows 7 How to Fix Missing Gadgets In Windows 7 (Tutorial)

Either the 2 external drives or the 4 monitors slowed the PC down! :) But it doesn't matter as long as it is below 60sec.

DSCF0086.JPG

Pretty setup. My office is a lot messier. LOL Cables everywhere and 4 computers, 2 printers and half a dozen disks. Plus electronic machines attached to a laptop that my wife uses for crafting.

Pretty setup. My office is a lot messier. LOL Cables everywhere and 4 computers, 2 printers and half a dozen disks. Plus electronic machines attached to a laptop that my wife uses for crafting.

C'mon...just a quick peek....lol!

I wanna see, too!

No going to mince words here...

Do not use Gadgets. I habitually disable the Gadget Platform for any of my Win7 clients. Uninstalling them is all well & good but, the platform must be disabled. Here is how:

> Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off
Look down the list to find Windows Gadget Platform

And, BTW, saying, "I have been using Gadgets & (so far) everything has been fine" is not a valid reason to continue using Gadgets.

The (old) notice about this was to be taken seriously.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

Last edited:
No going to mince words here...

Do not use Gadgets. I habitually disable the Gadget Platform for any of my Win7 clients. Uninstalling them is all well & good but, the platform must be disabled. Here is how:

> Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off
Look down the list to find Windows Gadget Platform

And, BTW, saying, "I have been using Gadgets & (so far) everything has been fine" is not a valid reason to continue using Gadgets.

The (old) notice to about this was to be taken seriously.

Cheers,
Drew
View attachment 27012

Those people who are saying that don't understand what security risk is about. They are probably just thinking that their computer will go wild and all. Not thinking that the extent of damage could affect their lives as a whole when their personal information are stolen.

Back