Windows 10 How to fix sound echo?

Erday

My sound is echoing on my laptop. I feel like this has a really easy fix but I can't fix it. Please help.

Model: MSI GE62 2QL-626AU

Is this audio from something like a game, or music or is it echoing when using the mic?

Check whether there is a soundeffect active:
Right click on the Speaker icon on the taskbar > Select 2nd option Playback devices > Right click the device you are using and select properties > Select 4th tab Effects
And uncheck all effects

I am on a non English version of windows you will see diffrent names from what I used in my answer, sorry for that
Henk

Check whether there is a soundeffect active:
Right click on the Speaker icon on the taskbar > Select 2nd option Playback devices > Right click the device you are using and select properties > Select 4th tab Effects
And uncheck all effects

I am on a non English version of windows you will see diffrent names from what I used in my answer, sorry for that
Henk
I don't have a 4th tab. I only have General, Levels, Advanced.

Is it a Realtek High Definition Audio device?

Try under 'Advanced' something like 'Back to standard settings'

And if you have no sound effects, they can't be causing it.
I am out of options, anybody else?

Is it a Realtek High Definition Audio device?

Try under 'Advanced' something like 'Back to standard settings'

And if you have no sound effects, they can't be causing it.
I am out of options, anybody else?
Yes I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio device and I clicked "restore defaults" but the echo is still there. Thanks for you help.

Well I would start by completely removing the driver and re-install and verify it is the latest driver.
  • Open an elevated command prompt and type pnputil -e
  • Locate your Realtek audio driver it will probably look like this
    audio1.png
  • Make note of the oem#.inf name
  • Type pnputil -d oem10.inf in my case
  • Download and reinstall the latest driver from the computer manufacturer site
  • Reboot and test
If it still has the echo I would suggest ruling out hardware. Download Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu and use a tool like Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way to create a bootable usb. Boot into the Ubuntu installer and select Try. This will boot into a live version of Ubuntu. Go to Youtube and see if the echo is there. If it is then I'd say it's a hardware problem with your speakers.

Well I would start by completely removing the driver and re-install and verify it is the latest driver.
  • Open an elevated command prompt and type pnputil -e
  • Locate your Realtek audio driver it will probably look like this View attachment 31914
  • Make note of the oem#.inf name
  • Type pnputil -d oem10.inf in my case
  • Download and reinstall the latest driver from the computer manufacturer site
  • Reboot and test
If it still has the echo I would suggest ruling out hardware. Download Download Ubuntu Desktop | Download | Ubuntu and use a tool like Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way to create a bootable usb. Boot into the Ubuntu installer and select Try. This will boot into a live version of Ubuntu. Go to Youtube and see if the echo is there. If it is then I'd say it's a hardware problem with your speakers.
Where would I download the driver from? Would it be from the MSI website for me?

Back