Windows 7 How to get post to show on boot up windows7

tony007

I am working on my sons laptop he wanted me to clean his hard drive and reinstall windows7 I have 2 applications that will clean his hard drive dban and killdisk both have to be started in the boot up process, but they wont start because the laptop goes straight to the windows logo then desktop, I would like to get the post to show would removing the battery from the motherboard for say 5 minutes and then replacing it work?:-B

Hi Tony,
have you tried pressing either F2 or delete whilst booting? This will hopefully get you into the bios . You can then change the boot order so you can get your disk to run..

To show 'POST' and to change the boot order has to be set in the BIOS itself.
Removing the battery will most likaly only result in a reset of date and time, but for sure not anything in the BIOS settings.
Since there are so many brands and versions of BIOS it's impossible to guide you straight towards the correct settings with the info we have got so far.

Since you are able to enter the BIOS, please have a good look for the "show post" message there.
Also, in my experiences, i found out that, even when you have set the primarie boot device towards your CD, in rare occasions it still will boot from the HD. If that is the case try to ONLY select the CD as boot device and leave all other orders blanc/empty.
BTW: if no boottable disk is found in the CD/DVD player oc windows will of course still boot from other devices, so are you sure the disk is bootable?

To show 'POST' and to change the boot order has to be set in the BIOS itself.
Removing the battery will most likaly only result in a reset of date and time, but for sure not anything in the BIOS settings.
Since there are so many brands and versions of BIOS it's impossible to guide you straight towards the correct settings with the info we have got so far.

Since you are able to enter the BIOS, please have a good look for the "show post" message there.
Also, in my experiences, i found out that, even when you have set the primarie boot device towards your CD, in rare occasions it still will boot from the HD. If that is the case try to ONLY select the CD as boot device and leave all other orders blanc/empty.
BTW: if no boottable disk is found in the CD/DVD player oc windows will of course still boot from other devices, so are you sure the disk is bootable?

Agreed. If you can get into the bios then you can disable the flash screen (if there is one) and reveal the post info.

Agreed. If you can get into the bios then you can disable the flash screen (if there is one) what do I do if there is'ent one? I have used the disks on other computers with post no problems.

Back
Top Bottom