How to install driver for ATI RV530 video

vinoman

How to install driver for ATI RV530 video [solved]

I'm re installing windows 8 and it needs the driver for my ATI RV530 video. I've installed the driver before but I can't find the link. Does anyone know where I can download the drivers for ATI RV530 video?

Last edited by a moderator:

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi,

I'm not sure if you realise but that gpu isn't actually supported under win 8. Never the less you can find a Windows 7 driver here:

ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

vinoman

Hi,

I'm not sure if you realise but that gpu isn't actually supported under win 8. Never the less you can find a Windows 7 driver here:

ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver
thanks I'll give it a try. I've gone back to Linux Mint 15 since it handles my hardware better than windows and it's easier to use. I look at win 8 as experimental. Hope they get it right some day. Its fine on a new computer but not so good for a 4 year old PC.

vinoman

installed the drivers and rebooted but still in the wrong resolution its set to 1152x864 when it should be 1920x1080.
I did have the right drivers before my mistake of trying out win 8.1. Now what do I have to do to get it to work?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Is it possible to change the resolution by right clicking on the desktop and choosing resolution? If not, go through the AMD Catalyst centre and you should find a checkbox which when unticked will give you access to unsupported resolutions (sounds strange i know but it does work).

vinoman

Solved my problem by going to:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536711

the driver was not installed. I had to go to device manager and find the ati folder and then it installed the drivers needed. I'm now back to 1920x1080 resolution.

Yeah! :)

problem solved.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Excellent!

Thanks for letting others know too.. :applause:

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.