Windows 8 How to remove a PC associated with MS account?

white_Shadoww

I dual booted Windows 10 with my Windows 8.1 laptop. I had set up Windows 10 as a new PC. But later, due to low space on my hard disk, I removed it. But, in my Internet explorer it still shows tabs from Windows 10, both on my laptop and my Lumia phone. So, now that I don't have 10 installed on my laptop, I want it's data to be removed from cloud. What should I do?

If you are talking about your Microsoft account then goto https://login.live.com

And sign in using the email | password (the same as your computer) and all your settings/ purchases can be adjusted from there.

p.s. IME It's not a good idea to sink a demo in the first place but if you do then un-sink it from the settings | charm bar before you remove the demo… much faster and easier that way is all --- tip for next time.

Thanks for your reply. I was talking about my Microsoft account. I tried what you said in the first place but I didn't find any 'my devices' option there. So i removed all trusted devices from my account. Also i removed it from other PCs from the Store settings and deleted the device backup of Windows 10 from OneDrive. It did the trick. By the way, I didn't get what were you saying about sinking and unsinking. Would you please explain to me? Thank you once again.

Onedrive aka skydrive, backup-updates and the store are 3 optional Microsoft services that a computer can sink (make a semi-permanent connection) too, Microsoft wants you to use these because they know people tend to use only one such database and they want to own it but the point is that this database keeps a copy of your account.

You can un-sink (remove yourself from this database) from within windows BEFORE un-installing and as you just witnessed that is simpler than trying to do it from the outside.

Happy to hear you have it sorted.

Back